Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49565 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:23 pm »

Anyone notice how amazing glider mantle is? Being able to grapple back onto monsters after they throw you, even when you're 30 feet away but-oh-look-still-two-cm-midair-youregood.jpg
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can grapple back onto a monster without any mantle at all, provided you have the stamina.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2018, 09:45:58 pm »

Aye I grapple back onto Teo when he lobs me off, and I've never used the Glider mantle aside from fighting Legiana.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »

The online community is kinda going crazy for the new event quest 'Triple Threat Throwdown'. I'm regularly seeing 10+ SOS's at once, and every time I join I find everyone wearing bandit mantles and fanged monsters shedding parts like pinata candy. 2-4 decorations after each run is also nice.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2018, 05:50:03 pm »

It's the perfect farming quest, for Zenny mostly.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2018, 04:58:00 pm »

Spoiler: HR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:23:56 pm by Folly »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2018, 05:04:04 pm »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2018, 08:26:04 pm »

The new set of event quests is here.
One involves fighting 5 monsters, and seems to have an increased rate of large/small monster crowns; good for getting those trophies.

There's also a PS4 exclusive Street Fighter quest to get some unique armor, but only if you have a save file on your system.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2018, 09:08:53 am »

Whelp, picked this up on the PS4.  Using the Charge Blade.  Havn't actually figured out how to charge it yet, but I reckon swinging muh blade around in large sword mode has worked so far.
Just recently beat that fish type monster in the questline.

Also had a +100 HR friend help beat up that T-Rex way too early.  I died to it twice.  It is pretty much a 2-shot.  First hit brings me down to sliver of health.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2018, 10:05:25 am »

Whelp, picked this up on the PS4.  Using the Charge Blade.  Havn't actually figured out how to charge it yet, but I reckon swinging muh blade around in large sword mode has worked so far.
Just recently beat that fish type monster in the questline.

Also had a +100 HR friend help beat up that T-Rex way too early.  I died to it twice.  It is pretty much a 2-shot.  First hit brings me down to sliver of health.
Charge Blade is a weapon you can't actually use properly unless you watch a guide video or two.

To put it simply, every attack you do in small sword mode charges the weapon. When it starts glowing yellow or red, you use a button combo to charge it into the phials on the top left. Then you use the axe to make explosions.

There's a billion other things you can do with it including charging the shield, charging the sword, what kind of damage it does, dodging, rolls, guard points, etc. etc. etc. It's easily the most complicated weapon in the game. This doesn't mean it's the best or highest damage weapon in the game mind you. It's just the most complicated.

Once you kinda know what buttons you're pressing, watch these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlVtfSzO2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggcyYKXapWk

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2018, 12:40:16 pm »

Reckon highest damage means jack-all if you can't reasonably land hits anyways. 

I'll take a look sooner or later, thanks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2018, 05:54:45 pm »

The chargeblade's great, and a very good mix of mobility, defense, speed, and offense, not to mention being so fun to slam a massive axe down on things heads with. I actually went through most of low rank not knowing about the ultra discharge, I did it by accident floundering about chasing Rathian down. Sure the GS puts out bigger boops, SNS may be more mobile, Lance more defensive and stickier, etc, but it does a lot of things meaning if you get the patterns down and remember the comboes you can do whatever you want- even KO the monster pretty well, not hammer fast but hey better than SNS shield bashing.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2018, 06:38:33 pm »

Always eat food when hunting wyverns. It doesn't actually consume any food resources from your inventory, just a small amount of currency. I spend research points, as I earn them far faster than I can spend them.

T-Rex has a mean fireball that has long range and goes through walls, and trying to run or heal makes you a high priority target. This goes for most any wyvern: if you find yourself low on health, don't run away, instead run circles around the monster, just outside of their melee range. Any long range attacks should miss you this way. Wait until the monster starts targeting another player or your cat, or until it does a lengthy attack that you know will give you a few seconds of freedom, that is when you chug a potion.

For large wyverns, it also helps a lot if you learn to mount, and exploit flash pods and environmental traps. Each of these give you a big window to attack.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »

Aye flash pods help a lot against most wyverns, they'll often sit there doing things like stamping the ground or blasting fireballs randomly and giving you 5-15 seconds to attack. Don't do it against Dibbles, he'll just run away from you, least that's my experience.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:00 pm »

Got my first warrior streamstone, sword. I was looking forward to putting it on my poison longsword, only to find out that rank 7 weapons need 2 streamstones at a time.
Got my second warrior streamstone, bow. I was looking forward to putting it on my rank 6 dragon bow, only to find out that regular bows use 'shaft' streamstones.

Someday...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »

Fought the tempered Bazelgeuse quest today... Was my first time, and did it solo... Is pain an emotion?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32