Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 49164 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2020, 01:24:33 pm »

We had some issues playing. One of us even had to return the game.

In his case, it legit did not work. At all. He has the same specs for his computer as me, but it took 20 actual minutes for the game to finish the opening cutscene.

After that, those of us who COULD play the game found that fighting things solo now took around 40m of styling all over a monster until it eventually died. I had one who was limping for a full 10 minutes while I comboed my T11 insect glaive on it's face. So basically we unlock the monster cutscene and band together to fight it each time, and we're having fun again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2020, 04:03:00 pm »

We had some issues playing. One of us even had to return the game.

In his case, it legit did not work. At all. He has the same specs for his computer as me, but it took 20 actual minutes for the game to finish the opening cutscene.

After that, those of us who COULD play the game found that fighting things solo now took around 40m of styling all over a monster until it eventually died. I had one who was limping for a full 10 minutes while I comboed my T11 insect glaive on it's face. So basically we unlock the monster cutscene and band together to fight it each time, and we're having fun again.
That really sucks with the gamebreaking bugs. I sincerely hope Capcom gets their butts in gear quickly and figure it out; even though the game hasn't presented a problem for me, I know what a draining experience it is to try and work out issues with something that shouldn't have issues to begin with.

I'm surprised to hear how long the fights are taking. I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say T11--does that mean Rare 11? Because if it doesn't and you're still using a weapon from High Rank, replace it with another weapon made from Master Rank materials immediately. High Rank weapons, even the top-tier ones, will do something like 40% (extreme guesstimating) less damage on average than the simplest weapon you can acquire in Master Rank.

After grabbing the basic ore-crafted Master Rank hunting horn, most of my hunts, both alone and with one friend, have lasted around 15 minutes, which is pretty average for starting Master Rank in Monster Hunter. 40 minutes is a heck of a lengthy period, and the game by no means expects your every hunt to take that long.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2020, 04:06:54 pm »

Ya, sorry lol. Rare 11. Master Rank.

They seem to last around 20 or so so long as there are more than one of us.

I do love [Chef Original] though. So wonderful. Also I like the Dive attack on glaive. You can combo from it even :D
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2020, 12:26:10 am »

So I started playing with my friends and they've encountered a very strange bug. The requirements to build the Kadachi Fury insect glaive and every time he goes to the forge the material requirements are different. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2020, 07:52:56 am »

It's pretty cool, difficulty of some of the monsters came as a surprise.  I'm getting the performance issues though, stameady around 40fps (which is terrible for my specs...) and occasional powerpoint for a few seconds,  bad but playable.

Also sometimes getting the classic dx12 stutter, where the game runs fast but really jerky with horrible screen tearing, unplayable.  The usual fixes for this arent working either.  Dunno what I'll do if it sticks around,  too late to refund
Shoes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2020, 01:24:37 pm »

Tigrex is a bastard.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2020, 03:43:37 pm »

It's a shame so many people are having issues. I didn't encounter any problems in my playthrough except for things like standing in the middle of a Barioth tornado the framerate would drop a bit, and my PC isn't exactly top quality by today's standards.

I'm currently at the new 'endgame' and I'm not sure what to think of it yet since I haven't done much with it, but it seems to be better than the old endgame of farming tempered elder dragons.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2020, 03:45:10 pm »

I am enjoying the game, don't get me wrong. I'd call it just a rocky PC launch rather than something like "unplayable" etc.

They are even trying to address major problems now. For instance the specific issue that caused my buddy to be unable to play has a forum thread.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2020, 03:49:53 pm »

I do trust that they will fix the issues just as they fixed a lot of issues when World came out, but for many I suspect the damage has already been done and they won't end up returning once the problems are fixed.

E: I just saw they made an official announcement on Steam that they're aware of a lot of these bugs
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:56:49 pm by Ozyton »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2020, 07:32:06 pm »

Stuff like this is why I always give console to PC ports a month or two before even thinking of touching them. I am very excited about iceborne but it will all be there when I get it later and I hopefully won't hit the same bugs. I really enjoyed MHW much more than I expected I would, I only picked it up because it was on deep sale one day. I've never really liked any of the souls-like games, not that this is super comparable, but I really enjoyed MHW. Never played any of the prior MH games either.

Once I do pick it up in a few months I'll ping here and see who is still playing, we can team up

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2020, 08:04:25 pm »

Also glad I didn't run out to get it. I'd just gotten done with a MHW binge a few months before so I was fine to wait. I'll also see who is around when I do decide to get it, have done next to know group hunts so far.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2020, 09:30:00 am »

It seems like it's getting better,  played without any freezes today.  Got to barioth and it whooped my ass, spent most of the fight wondering how the hell to even get close to it.  Clutch claw doesnt help when it flings you off immediately.

Went back and finally upgraded my armor, new setup can hit 1000+ damage on a true charged to softened weak parts.  Plus the extra defenses we'll see how it goes.
Shoes...

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2020, 11:31:22 am »

Barioth by default is an unfairly mobile pain train, but it's also the monster where taking the game's advice and breaking his wing claws has by far the greatest effect. Breaking one slows him down quite a bit, breaking both means he spends enough time wobbling around on the ice that he's quite easy to manage. IMO, at least.

My Gunner friend can't stand him but I was quite happy to see him come back. That might just be because I use the most mobile weapon in the game anyway, though...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »

I didn't mind Barioth so much, he was quick but not impossible to avoid. Tigrex is just mean AF. Everything you hate about Barioth is writ larger.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2020, 03:46:58 pm »

So one thing I noticed yesterday is that a few of my graphics settings seem to have reset since Iceborne released. If you were struggling to run the game with the ambient fog enabled then go back into the settings and turn it back off. I also play with FPS capped at 60 since my computer isn't powerful enough to get to 120FPS at 2560x1440 anyways, and when I suggested this setting to a friend he commented that his CPU usage went down about 20%. Note that you should keep vertical sync disabled unless you enjoy the input lag.

In terms of monsters I can't help but noticed they changed how the fighter/mage/rogue trio fight. I seem to remember Barioth doing shoulder slams a lot more in 3U. I also remember Tigrex having a roar attack that wasn't a radial stun roar like a normal roar but instead a targeted air blast of sorts, but I don't think he does that anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32