Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll To E͏l͡dr̨i̵͠t͟c͝h̷͘  (Read 8084 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To E͏l͡dr̨i̵͠t͟c͝h̷͘
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 07:35:58 am »

Perform summoning ritual

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 12:05:53 pm »

Search for outlets and information that would inform me of a supplier for pure African dream root.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

Name: Joe
Appearance: A generally androgynous guy who walks around wearing dark suit jackets with denim jeans and smelling of whiskey and electricity.
Religion/Cult/Whatever else could go here: The cult of the electric energy.

Lay hands on an electric car and see if I can control the electricity using my patent pending electric circle.

((Like a summoning circle, but for electricity))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 07:48:31 am »

Send the warriors on a quest to distribute flyers that contain pictures of bells and tiny snakes of various colours.
Channel my power through every person with a complete bell and use them like extension cords to animate even more paper and make even more bells.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »

Locate one of these fake seers and use it for a human sacrifice.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »

Perform summoning ritual

You use what little insight into the Eldritch you've found over your lifetime to attempt the summoning ritual. It's a fairly simple ordeal, just a little sheep's blood, but you had some mutton in the fridge and the local convenience store had some candles. As you begin the ritual, you feel a strange fog come over your conscious mind. Your senses slowly fade, but you find yourself unable to stop. Eventually you cannot use any of your senses at all, and hear an overpowering, god-like voice in your mind.

W̵̶̵H͜͢͟O̢͠ ̢͘D̀͟͞I̡͢S̷̶͟҉̢T͏̸U͜͏Ŗ̸B̀͟͝͞Ś̢̕͡҉ ͏M̷̨̧̨̕E̕ ́͜͞͝F̸͘R̴̛͘͘͠O̴̡̢M̵̧̀ ̸M̸̢̢͞Y̸̧̨̛҉ ͜͞S̵͟Ļ̵̡͡Ú̶̧͜Ḿ͞B̷̵̕E͘͠R̷͠͝͠

Search for outlets and information that would inform me of a supplier for pure African dream root.

You find nothing, and get told to go away by everyone you ask, in varying levels of politeness, ranging from "Fuck off!" to "I don't know what you're talking about, stop talking to me."

Name: Joe
Appearance: A generally androgynous guy who walks around wearing dark suit jackets with denim jeans and smelling of whiskey and electricity.
Religion/Cult/Whatever else could go here: The cult of the electric energy.

Lay hands on an electric car and see if I can control the electricity using my patent pending electric circle.

((Like a summoning circle, but for electricity))

A strong shock goes out of your hands and you start the car successfully, but have difficulty controlling the car.

Send the warriors on a quest to distribute flyers that contain pictures of bells and tiny snakes of various colours.
Channel my power through every person with a complete bell and use them like extension cords to animate even more paper and make even more bells.

The warriors have little success, given their in-corporeality, but manage to distribute around 6 fliers each.

Every single person that has a complete bell lifts up off the ground several feet and a mist-like form of your magic spouts forth, animating nearly all the paper in a 25-foot radius around each of them. Sadly the animation isn't as strong, but as there is so much animated there are another several hundred people with crude or incomplete bells and 6 dozen more with complete bells.

Locate one of these fake seers and use it for a human sacrifice.

You have trouble tracking one of them down, as they prefer moving before their lies are discovered, but you find one and sacrificing him rather successfully to increase your own power.

Focus my meditation, try and sense who or what is watching me.

You almost immediately slip into a deep meditative state, but have little luck gleaming any information about what is watching you, except that it isn't human.

Find a fire extinguisher and smash the security guard head's open when no one is around, then eat his brain and try to absorb his knowledge, then open the doors on the wall.

The guard's head takes a few bashes to kill him, and he's got some major brain damage, but it should be fine. Absorbing his knowledge doesn't go as well as you hoped, due to the smashing, but there's a good chance you'll know some important codes used recently, and you now know the location of various firearms.

You open the doors and only find 5 bodies; apparently there haven't been many deaths recently.

Question to you guys:
Do you want actual stat blocks for yourselves, or should anything like that stay hidden on my end?

Additionally, bets on the first to reach a milestone are encouraged. Or not, I don't actually care, but whoever reaches Eldritch first will have a huge advantage, same going for every other stage.

Oh and sorry for the hiatus, finals week is a pain and I've had family stuff going on because it's Christmas. Things should become more consistent after the new year.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:45:54 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2017, 03:40:26 am »

It's all right to keep stuff hidden, less work for you, which means updates come faster  :P

Imbibe some potent chemical concoctions to put me into an even deeper meditative state, I shall awaken my Inner Mind to the mysteries of the Cosmos.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2017, 08:51:52 am »

You can keep that stuff hidden if you want.

Find a saw of some kind and saw open the body's heads and eat there brains and absorb there knowledge, if any one comes in while I'm doing this beat them to death with the fire extinguisher.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2017, 10:39:57 am »

I, faithful servant of yours, and high priest if you feel like it. Faith in you was abandoned, and I merely wish
To restore it

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2017, 12:59:18 pm »

Practice lucid dreaming, meditate to increase dream control.

((Wonder if anyone knows where I'm going with this?))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2017, 07:17:31 pm »

Locate vulnerable individuals and dominate their minds to make them worship me, then order them to seek out more worshippers and sacrifices to my power.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 03:44:39 pm »

Burrow into the minds of those infected by bells and order them to form a cult based around me. Preferably one who sacrifices random creatures to their god.

Impart necromantic knowledge to warriors and send them on a quest to raid tombs around the world, raising everything that's dead and killing anything that's not dead.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 08:35:50 am »

Step back from car, use long range EM circle to drive car into street, onto sidewalk and into pedestrians directly over a sacrificial circle to call down a massive thunderstorm over the city.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 11:57:18 pm »

It's all right to keep stuff hidden, less work for you, which means updates come faster  :P

Imbibe some potent chemical concoctions to put me into an even deeper meditative state, I shall awaken my Inner Mind to the mysteries of the Cosmos.

As you drink your brew, you feel something...opening. Things look sharper, sound clearer, feel...more. The further you go into this meditative state, the stronger the feeling becomes...it begins to burn.

You can keep that stuff hidden if you want.

Find a saw of some kind and saw open the body's heads and eat there brains and absorb there knowledge, if any one comes in while I'm doing this beat them to death with the fire extinguisher.

The brains of these mortals, while not anything amazing, do contain some Insight into the Eldritch. Whether or not it is useful, is yet to be seen.

Interestingly, you're starting to get a taste for this Insight, and the brains that contain it.

I, faithful servant of yours, and high priest if you feel like it. Faith in you was abandoned, and I merely wish
To restore it

Ẃ̵H͏҉̸͟͡Ą̷̢́͠Ţ͝ ̷̢͘I͠͏N̴͘͢҉T҉̕͘͡͞Ę̛̀͝͞R͏̶̢E̶S̨͡͠T́͜͝ ̢̡̡̕͠D̴̕͘O̵͢͝ ̷̡̢͘̕Y̢̨͢͞O̷̴̡Ų̷́̀ ̴H̨A͟͝V̕͟͟͏É̡́͟,̴̀ ̨̡͠M̵͢͠͠O͟͢͡͠R͡T̡̛̀A̵̕Ĺ͞?̕͢͜͝

Practice lucid dreaming, meditate to increase dream control.

((Wonder if anyone knows where I'm going with this?))

You're very susceptible to slipping into lucid dreaming, but due to some quirk, have trouble controlling these dreams. Meditating does help, but only marginally, so far.

Things around you seem to shift, and move while you're not paying attention. Your keys turn up somewhere strange, books rearrange themselves, flower pots change tables, all without you touching them. These incidents seem to coincide most often with your lucid dreams.

Locate vulnerable individuals and dominate their minds to make them worship me, then order them to seek out more worshippers and sacrifices to my power.

You find numerous weak-minded individuals, with next to no mental protection. Dominating them is child's play, and they begin worshiping immediately. Those that are chosen to convert others and collect sacrifices do well, with most returning with 2-3 people, and some bringing entire families. Those deemed worthy are sacrificed to you, increasing your power greatly.

You have begun a cult.

Burrow into the minds of those infected by bells and order them to form a cult based around me. Preferably one who sacrifices random creatures to their god.

Impart necromantic knowledge to warriors and send them on a quest to raid tombs around the world, raising everything that's dead and killing anything that's not dead.

Those infected by bells seem to be largely weak-minded, and most are easily dominated. Those that are not request positions of "power," but join your cult as well. They begin sacrifices immediately, increasing your power.

The warriors attempt to understand, but it's as though you're speaking another language. They don't understand a word, and wander aimlessly.

You have begun a cult.

Step back from car, use long range EM circle to drive car into street, onto sidewalk and into pedestrians directly over a sacrificial circle to call down a massive thunderstorm over the city.

You initially have trouble controlling the car, but as it begins rolling, something seems to snap into place and the car moves like an extension of yourself. You don't hit many pedestrians, as they dodge the car careening at them, but a thunderstorm of fair size begins to brew.

Two new cults, cannibalism, failed necromancy, some average Joe can control electricity, and Bob is talking to what is presumably a god.

This is getting interesting.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:25:48 am by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 12:57:26 am »

Wait around a bit to see if the mortician shows up, if he dose knock him out and cut out his brains and eat them and ithen go and look for one of the firearms I got insight about earlier.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4