Other Projects > Other Games

They Are Billions - Hardcore Survival RTS

<< < (2/22) > >>

etgfrog:
Yeah, clearing the map is VERY important, although I'm having quite a few problems with the 2nd map because of so many buildings of doom and a billion spitters everywhere forcing me to focus on microing my troops the entire time, which makes me forget to macro at times.

Edit. So I had an option of a thanatos as a bonus on day 14, very !FUN! because rockets attracts ALL the zombies. Would be good to use once you have defenses set up.

Criptfeind:
I built a couple of Thanatos to see if they'd be good aoe behind walls, but their explosions seem to damage your own defenses, rendering them more harmful then useful? At least, they seemed to be damaging my own gates, considering how quickly they fell.

etgfrog:
Thanatos requires micromanagement, good against a horde to thin it out, the issue is its very slow walk speed. Having a Thanatos or two to kill the large clusters, snipers to kill specials and a few soldiers to finish off the ones that get close, you can beat most hordes, at least in theory.

I have found the static defenses, like the spike traps, to be useful if you ever find yourself with lots of gold but little resources. They have the added bonus of being able to kill things without having a maintenance cost. That and the horde killing strategy may be what is needed to beat brutal difficulty.

Retropunch:
Just got this - absolutely incredible. In my mind it's the best RTS since Red Alert 2/AOE 3/SupCom1. Everything feels so, so right, it's got a very solid steampunk type style, and everything enough variation to keep it interesting (mayors and random terrain mainly).

Very solid for Early access as well.

10/10 would get swarmed again.

umiman:
I've had my eye on this for quite awhile. I think I'll wait until coop releases before I buy it for myself and my mates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version