Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Angel's book title mod (WIP)  (Read 1260 times)

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
Angel's book title mod (WIP)
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:54:14 am »

Working on a book title mod, planning on releasing it in set of themes (ex: cooking, art, philosophy, war).
Was testing on the medical themed book titles, and this is the result i received:

It turns out that the dwarves found a cure to stupidity

Some other disease names are pretty cool too:

Seer('s) Rash, sound like a legit fantasy disease

I don't know how to use DFhack, but i really hope that there was a system to actually effect the reader's skill on something by reading a book on said skill. (Actually, im pretty sure im not the only one who hoped for this feature, i did read some post some time in the past about this)

Anyway, if you had a request on something, gimme a heads up...

p.s: I know i have always said a few thing here and there about making some cool mods like molotov grenades or ice spike traps, but im sorry, this will have to do for now folks.

-Angel

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel's book title mod (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »

yo this owns

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »

This is really cool!

PTW
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:46:10 am »

How are you generating the disease names? Is there a topic token so that the game generates the diseases, or were these written by you as displayed?

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:31:28 pm »

How are you generating the disease names? Is there a topic token so that the game generates the diseases, or were these written by you as displayed?

The game generate it by it self, i just need to put the tokens in the proper places.
ex. "Treatment for [NOUN] Fever" it would came out "Treatment for Lion Fever"

But you can also put it predefined titles if you like, "Munition Research Document: Fluffy Wambler" it will always display said name regardless of content, writer, or topic within the book, but usually (not always), the tokens inserted relate with the book content in someway.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 06:43:32 am »

The game generate it by it self, i just need to put the tokens in the proper places.
ex. "Treatment for [NOUN] Fever" it would came out "Treatment for Lion Fever"

The hell? I had no idea that was possible.