Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Complete Failure of a Dark Souls Stream (Status: Down)  (Read 1650 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
A Complete Failure of a Dark Souls Stream (Status: Down)
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:32:34 pm »

Kicked off a Dark Souls stream yesterday, and I figure I might as well continue on with it today with its own thread rather than posting in the Dark Souls 3 thread.  Link to the stream in question is here, and it will start in about half an hour as I need to eat first.

To be perfectly clear, I have basically zero experience when it comes to this game, so you can probably derive a fair amount of experience laughing at every failure I perform as I try to learn the game.  Well, I do have a bit from yesterday and a bit from before, but I only just got to the Taurus Demon.  Pretty sure that is basically nothing given the scope of the game.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:44:50 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: A Complete Failure of a Dark Souls Stream (Status: Temp. Down)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »

Stream wound up getting shut down as I accidentally knocked a glass over and it shattered.  Should be back up around 7:30.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:34:36 pm »

Stream is back up now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »

Stream wound up getting shut down as I accidentally knocked a glass over and it shattered. 

I cannot think of a better metaphor for a new Dark Souls playthrough then this. Hope you don't have to sweep up too much.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: A Complete Failure of a Dark Souls Stream (Status: Down)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »

Stream is back to being down, this time out of deliberate choice.  I'll be trying to start up the stream at the same initial time tomorrow (~6 PM CST/~12 AM GMT).  Hope to see people there.

Stream wound up getting shut down as I accidentally knocked a glass over and it shattered. 

I cannot think of a better metaphor for a new Dark Souls playthrough then this. Hope you don't have to sweep up too much.

Given the sheer number of times I died in the Undead Burg, I think that is quite true.

I managed to get it cleaned up before I restarted the stream back up.  Saddened at the loss as it was a bit of an old one that is no longer made anymore, so it can't be replaced.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: A Complete Failure of a Dark Souls Stream (Status: Live)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 07:04:04 pm »

Stream is up again.

Edit: Now Offline
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:45:02 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »