Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod Request/Idea: i have an idea for a plague mod...  (Read 773 times)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Mod Request/Idea: i have an idea for a plague mod...
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:38:55 am »

yes the title says it all.. i have an idea for a plague mod. i had this idea in the back of my head for over a month now, so i want to share this to the community so that i could at least get someone to hopefully bring my mod idea to life. so the idea of this mod is basically using the idea of a basic plague mod except, it not only improves particular plagues in the game, but i have plans on having the mod improve curses(or transformation plagues.) into actual diseases that spread though out the world by rarely and randomly picking random civilized creatures (like elves, dwarves, humans, kobolds, animal people, and goblins.) into vampires, werebeasts, and zombies, and improving zombies and vampires to be able to infect other entities with the curse spreading it, and also adding new plagues to the game, for example i have an idea of a plague that turns its victims into walking beacons for giant spiders to get them as pray, i really hope i get the help i need to make this idea into a reality, sadly i don't know how to make mods for dwarf fortress, so can any of you would like to turn my idea into a actual mod for dwarf fortress please?   
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request/Idea: i have an idea for a plague mod...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 03:57:47 am »

dwarf fortress is one of the easiest games by far to make mods for, i recommend learning as you go

your idea is ill-formed and doesn't have enough information for anyone else to work with; the spider thing in particular is well-formed, but also flatly impossible with raw modding and rather difficult with dfhack (i.e. would require new code to be written). knowledge of what is and isn't possible comes quickly with experience.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:17:14 am »

dwarf fortress is one of the easiest games by far to make mods for, i recommend learning as you go

your idea is ill-formed and doesn't have enough information for anyone else to work with; the spider thing in particular is well-formed, but also flatly impossible with raw modding and rather difficult with dfhack (i.e. would require new code to be written). knowledge of what is and isn't possible comes quickly with experience.
i give out more info today, also i coding a mod for dwarf fortress looks kinda easy to do but its sorta complex for me in a way that i'm afraid i might accidentally break the game i'll try to learn to mod the as i go, i think i need to read some of that modding guide on the DF wiki. but still i would like some help on creating this mod.

Civs+ Mod

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:22:52 pm »

breaking the game is temporary and easy to fix, you can just put a copy into a separate folder for your tests

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 08:29:50 pm »

breaking the game is temporary and easy to fix, you can just put a copy into a separate folder for your tests
ah thanks

Civs+ Mod