Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark fortress meltdowns  (Read 1163 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark fortress meltdowns
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:37:21 pm »

Hi I hate to be that guy but...

Dark fortresses are seriously painful at the moment. You enter the settlement and everybody starts spouting "identify yourself". Ok new feature, needs some tuning, totally understandable. But why do they all have to run around in all directions. All narrow corridors and doorsteps get completly bottlenecked I mean look at this:

the next page goes on until "f"... I don't care how panicked you are, nobody would stubbornly rush on top of that mountain of meat. If they were all rushing in OR out I could make sense out of it; but it's like everybody is craving to go lay prone in a quantum crowd. 

Now I get that in this case they're all killing an imposter but it's just a very extreme example of stacking. Other than that it's not very representative; if you let it escalate in a few minutes everbody will be bashing their heads in. Only beak dogs and trolls remain rather chill. Companions in all that? Oh dear  ::)

At this point you merely have to enter a dark fortress, and hundreds of goblins will die without you having to lift a finger. Because of this weird coincidence that everybody gets demasked wherever you roam, which in return makes everbody ignore you because they're too busy with their civil war.

So that's it, just saying. (sorry, I'll shut my mouth and return grinding trough those idiots)
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark fortress meltdowns
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:09 pm »

Taking a dragonfire blast to that fortress would be cathartic... And yes, that has no repercussions, because they can't feel, being video game characters.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:39:14 am »

Haha  ;D I often feel way too sorry for the weak ones... Guess from a roleplaying my char is super chill until somebody interferes with his comfort zone.

Completly off-topic: you know how advanced physics is starting to stipulate that at the smallest scales, we observe incongruities that could be interprated as if reality had a resolution (in both space & time), which some people take as a hint that reality is nothing but a simulation. Well look at dwarf fortress with that mindset... Be they primates or binary, the poor sobs are not to blame for their imperfections  ;)
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:21:29 pm »

Hmmmm... That's a pretty interesting notion. I like to joke that we all live in DF v1.0.00.00  :P
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.