Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: loads of crashes  (Read 2074 times)

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
loads of crashes
« on: December 14, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »

note: yes I reported this to the tracker

I've had loads of crashes when playing adventure mode, not sure of cause, last time happened when I entered a lair intending to slay a wicked hag consort
ideas on cause?
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: loads of crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:26:29 pm »

note: yes I reported this to the tracker

I've had loads of crashes when playing adventure mode, not sure of cause, last time happened when I entered a lair intending to slay a wicked hag consort
ideas on cause?

This happens. Can't enter most cities due to crashes.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:57:00 pm »

Outright crashes have rarely been an issue for me, but FPS still tends to take a major drop when I enter particularly large and bustling cities.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 01:24:57 am »

Outright crashes have rarely been an issue for me, but FPS still tends to take a major drop when I enter particularly large and bustling cities.

Really? Any city crashes for me due to site walkers not finding a place to spawn or something like that. OK, turns out it was some modding error that wasn't in errorlog, so, fixed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:45:23 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 06:29:06 am »

the weird thing is, it's only now started crashing, before everything worked fine and now suddenly it's crashing left and right
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:54:32 am »

Really? Any city crashes for me due to site walkers not finding a place to spawn or something like that. OK, turns out it was some modding error that wasn't in errorlog, so, fixed.
I got site walker errors throughout the previous version without the game crashing. Not saying it's not related, but it seems to happen more often in this version.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:56:10 am by Shonai_Dweller »