Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Necromancer + Vampire/Werebeast?

(1/5) > >>

Strato1:
So, I've been looking around on the wiki for some information on this, but I'd like some clarification.

Right now, I'm inclined to think that you can become a necromancer while you are already a vampire or werebeast.  Is this true?  If it is, do you still keep the benefits of being a vampire or werebeast (i.e. do you still heal during the full moon?).  If you are a vampire who becomes a necromancer, do you still thirst for blood, and do you have to breathe?

Basically, I'm just wondering what effects the combinations of Necromancer + Vampire or Necromancer + Werebeast give you.

On a side note, why don't adamantine objects/weapons ever appear in world generation? (Although, I did read somewhere that adamantine swords could be found underground...)

Rumrusher:
usually folks go vampire to bypass the undead and learn necromancy with no hassle.
going werewolf is mostly regen traits so the benifit of going were to necro is slowly realizing you got nowhere to go and all your undead will attack you as you gain the berserk trait with werebeast and aggro your creations
vampire to necro is getting blood vision, the whole red thirst doesn't seem to have any "if you don't drink any blood you die." just the adventurer will look forward to draining someone when you let go of controlling that adventurer so the combination is mostly an upgrade of being an undead lord.

to answer the question they stack on top of each other as necromancy is a skill one reads and learns and not a curse.

Badargo:
Just make sure you arent an elf as they cant become necromancers...

KittyTac:

--- Quote from: Badargo on December 21, 2017, 11:31:47 pm ---Just make sure you arent an elf as they cant become necromancers...

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure they can't only during worldgen.

Paaaad:
And the Adamntine underground swords have been discontinued.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version