Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancer + Vampire/Werebeast?  (Read 9108 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer + Vampire/Werebeast?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 09:18:58 am »

Zombie makes you slow and lose normal healing though.
Zombies don't bleed, whereas vampires still do. I don't see anything in the interaction examples to imply there's no normal healing. The examples raws given are for raised corpses, but I don't imagine them performing better in the healing department. Looks like they also have extravision (don't need eyes to see,) can't feel fear (no bogeymen,) and don't need working nerves for movement.

Meanwhile: I actually hate lycanthropy, because it makes me drop all my gear on the floor. Limb regrowth is minimal in usefulness as well because generally if I've lost a limb I'm about to die anyway. Especially if I don't have the strength/agility/endurance/NO_PAIN/etc that comes with vampirism. Necromancy also used to lock all of your skills at their current levels. Not sure if that's still the case.
You can just sleep through transformation days, since months are very long in adventurer mode. What about nerve damage or pulping? You can lose the ability to grasp and come out alive if your legs still work. Unfortunately for vampires, that means your adventuring days are over, regardless. It was attributes, not skills, and vampires also have the tag.

Also you can get vampirism really easily. As for the not dealing with the hunger system part, that will be a problem by the time I can get ahold of a necromancy book. One does not simply waltz into a necromancer tower with a starting character. One does however beat up an unarmed civilian who happens to have doubled physical attributes and drink their blood with a starting character.
You can easily become a vampire or werebeast from toppling statues in a temple, although you don't get to choose which. You can obtain a book of secrets from a previous adventurer or fort mode raiding.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:34:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

I just like vampirism better, okay?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 11:54:12 am »

Fair enough. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 09:57:02 pm »

I always go:
Vampire->Necromancer->thrall, you basically become an invincible death knight.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »

You CAN combine them, I VERY MUCH recommend vampire + necromancer + optional thrall/zombie/husk
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 07:16:39 am »

Also, retired vampires, necromancers, and vampire necromancers make great challenges for your next adventurer to overcome.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »

Also, retired vampires, necromancers, and vampire necromancers make great challenges for your next adventurer to overcome.

Step 1: Make vampire adventurer
Step 2: Retire vampire adventurer
Step 3: Kill vampire adventurer
Step 4: Become a vampire
Step 5: Use leftover blood to turn others
Step 6: ???
Stpe 7: Profit! VAMPIRE ARMY
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race
Pages: 1 [2]