Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duplicate companions, the update, and you  (Read 891 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Duplicate companions, the update, and you
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »

Before the update, I noticed that often during my adventurer runs, the l command would show two (no more) copies of one companion in the same square. I noticed it showing up again in the update after I reloaded a save, but there were some differences with this bug's nature in the older version:

1. The duplicates can have different titles ("Ala" and "the bowman Ala Eniladoth" in my game.) This is how I confirmed that two people actually existed and it wasn't some display bug on the part of the l command.
2. After a few ticks, one of them will revert to a normal citizen instead of a companion. Interestingly, in my game, the duplicate who reverted was the duplicate who had kept the title from her travels with me, instead of the 'normal' companion.
3. They talk to each other.

Some other notes:
- The revert's clothing kept the damage it had sustained in battles. She also kept her reputation: my adventurer greeted her with 'made any good deals lately?' as opposed to the Ala who remained my companion, who was greeted only with 'Greetings Ala.'
- If I carry on conversations with both of them, the k menu refers to them both as 'the bowman Ala Eniladoth.'
- The revert can be recruited. This better not lead to her duplication. Though if it does, I could exploit this to get an entire army for free.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:58:20 pm by Eschar »