Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clicker Heroes 2  (Read 2195 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clicker Heroes 2
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:14:50 am »

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAm55GbGlo

just found this yesterday while playing the original. idle games have really come a long way, i remember when Cookie Clicker was the top in the list. this thing with the whole idle RPG thing has really got my attention. more so with this new sequel which focuses on your own hero instead of making you buy a bunch of them.

i wonder how much it will take to reach with the final boss.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clicker Heroes 2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:44:49 pm »

All clickers are the same. And to say this one focuses on your heroe instead of making a bunch of them its a non-factor, the first upgrade does the same it doesnt matter if it is a warrior, a sword, a skill, a farm, or whatever. The second skill is the same as the first one but better, again it could be a farm, a hunter, a new spaceship part, its +X or +XX ad infinitum. 
While i do understand some people enojoy clickers i really dont understand what makes one better than the other one.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »

You can preoder it now for $29.

They moved away from f2p, see https://www.clickerheroes2.com/.

I don't think I will pay this much money for an idle/clicker game.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:06:00 pm »

All clickers are the same...i really dont understand what makes one better than the other one.

Saying that 'clickers' are all the same is a fair enough assessment by itself. However, many clickers evolve into idles and incrementals, and that's where potential exists for variation and novelty. Part of the appeal lies in discovering new concepts, as the progression of the game tells a sort of story wherein components evolve in ways you may never have considered, thus expanding the horizons of your imagination. There is also the challenge of accurately determining the most efficient way to utilize the resources available so as to progress before before the novelty of the whole thing wears off. Different 'clickers' realize these elements with varying levels of success, and it definitely takes some time and effort to discover which ones are worthwhile overall.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:46 pm »

well the whole genre revolves around clicking and buying stuff to make dank numbers while AFK. the main difference is that each game tackles the same mechanic from different angles.

Cookie Clicker has the golden/wrath cookie power ups/debuffs, the new magic and idols system, the grandmapocalypse, legacy system of progression with the heavenly cookies, among other stuff. the game at its core its still the same but you get some fun ways to get things around.

from what i've seen in Clicker Heroes, each hero gets some unlockable habilities which either grant a passive effect or give an active hability you can use while fighting monsters. you buy the heroes and lvl them for improving your DPS so you can farm gold faster or progress faster on the zones. with gold being a secondary resource you collect. at its core it follows the same focus but there's more interactivity due to the semi-RPG systems.

i tried Increstellar but i couldnt get around the UI, hopefully the next versions of it will have a better interface (there's too much stuff hidden in buttons which could be shown directly in the screen, not sure). but from what i've seen in the devblogs it is complex enough to not notice the idle part hidden under the 4X-like mechanics.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 01:05:15 am »

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that an idle/clicker/incremental is worth anything more than what I'd be willing to spend on bonuses while realm grinder exists. If you got me on steam you'll be able to see the hours I've had it running for, usually in the background (technically foreground?) while listening to critical role.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 01:55:40 am »

LOL nice trailer.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username