Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: NEW Dragonmaster's 16x16 Tileset (170 Colors, Unique Tiles for all Stones)  (Read 33223 times)

Dragonmaster13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Meph!

I'm quietly working on an update to address some of the biggest issues.

Tileset was updated to the latest version. Furniture and other items with color issues from various materials have been fixed. The tileset was updated to TWBT Next. I have also reworked the workshop tilesets and condensed the tiles down to as few TWBT sheets as needed for performance. At one point I even fixed out how to get alternative tiles working for 15 more type of Gems. Tracks work now and take on the 200+ colors of whatever you make them out of.

I'll try and finding a stopping point to release it soon. Thanks everyone for the support!
-Dragonmaster13

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dragonmaster color table for easy reference:

I was wanting to visualize the color palette, and BBCode seemed like the most convenient way. Maybe others will find it helpful too. The "X" on the lower colors means it's part of the eXtended range of colors that the Dragonmaster palette adds.

Edit: just noticed I messed up and used the vanilla names for some of the colors. Nevermind, I used the color values instead of the name values which are the same in both versions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:25:53 pm by jecowa »

tali713

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I absolutely love this tileset, however I have noted two discrepancies, the first is minor the second is rather important.  Designations use the same numeral tiles as water depth, I prefer numbers for water depth anyways, so patching the graphics to reflect that was easy.  However there also appears to be an issue where not all tiles get the numeric overlay, which makes it difficult tell at a glance what priority order things are in.  I can't understand why this occurs or why it should only affect materials from inorganic_stone_layer.  Though to be honest I'm not certain that's the only factor.

Edit: Found the problem, you had used tiles 49-55 for certain rock types, these are the same tiles used for designating mining.  Since the sprite sheet was changed for StoneWall to _ROCKSET, the wrong tiles were being selected.  However, there is plenty of room on that sprite sheet, so I just shifted those, and changed the overides to not touch 49-55, and got my designation numbers back.

Edit 2: Wait a second, that means you can easily have both pretty water and numeric designations.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:22:45 pm by tali713 »

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!

Hello, so I have been looking around with the graphics and tiles and I found that a lot of my tiles were wrong or definetly are taking the wrong tile.
I definetly like this pack, however obviously there are these... discrepancies that may or may not be me. I doubt it may be me, since I just downloaded it, put it in graphics file of LNP and installed it, afterwards I put in Adventurecraft and my custom mod (that has been outdated online for years).

An example would be how orthoclase looks like a flower and a bunch of other, corpses and limbs are missing a sprite and that there are no letters for custom creatures that don't have a sprite (like Adventurecraft's Gargoyle)
I pretty much spawned everything I could think of to see the items and everything if I liked the pack and all, and I do! However there are these things like corpses having no graphics, stones being plants (O.o) or minecarts and wheelbarrows, parchements and quires/books having no tile at all. (Also the armorstand is an X for some reason... even though the tile for an armor stand is quite literally a tile away from that X)
Oh also, why is the speech bubble grass textures?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171146.0 Apparently Adventurecraft does this.
However I have noticed that there are no corpse tiles for me along with chopped off limbs (in fact, chopped off limbs seem to literally cancel out any tile)
I am by no means a modder, hell, I am but a hatchling when it comes to it, but I am willing to do anything to fix this, as I like the vibe it gives.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:12:09 am by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

My feelings exactly. Though both rutile and pitchblende becoming yellow surprised me.  No matter, there are plenty of purples around now.

[Here's it adapted for 43.03, with the changes listed below]

List of changes:

0. Added in missing stone axes and helves in item_tools.                                                    

Spoiler: List of changed files (click to show/hide)

E: @jecowa, nice. Did 3 gradient sorts + noted stones/metals:
Spoiler: A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: C (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:45:58 am by Fleeting Frames »

tali713

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Dragonmaster13, this is probably my favorite 16x16 graphics pack yet.  Are you still updating this pack, is it okay if I fork it?  I spent a bit of time creating a tree root tile, a basket weave pattern that I think looks quite nice, if a bit crowded perhaps.  But before I get too deep into it, I want to make sure that either I can make a derivative or pass changes upstream.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, since he hasn't replied to this thread in months, I'd say it'd be nice if you did upload it/keep working on it.

Btw, few related notes (not included in my above post): I was wrong about tile 13; it (and tile 14) are used by performers (borrowed Fnordset's tile; bit of a stylistic mismatch).

Also, ns flying bolts use tile 179, and east-west ones use 196 - first required shifting around plant_crops.txt as well.

(The changes were not large enough to reply yet imho given the room for cutting down overrides and improvements therein, but since you already replied, here's the two files along with gimp .xcf. May our fortunes rise and fall together.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:10:05 am by Fleeting Frames »

Dragonmaster13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still here. I'm working on updates but it takes a while. I work 40+ and have a family. I'm also keeping a lot of nice features/updates to myself as people like to copy my work that's taken months to do and not give me credit, so... I'll release a substantial update when its 100% and polished vs the 90% somewhat broken one that is currently in place. I thank you all for your patience & support!
-Dragonmaster13

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good that you're still here (yeah, it can be more timeconsuming than is apparent, as I learned above). Though that doesn't really answer tali713's second question ("is it okay if I fork it?"). Unless you don't want to answer, in which case ignore this post.

Dragonmaster13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi tali713, My apologies I didn't see your post. Thanks for your interest in the tileset. Help, criticism, or suggestions are always welcome. While i'm still making lots of changes to the tileset on this side I'm not opposed to possible putting a few user creations into the mix. I can't make any promises. Please feel free to make a fork of the DM13 tileset, if your so inclined. I only ask that you mention my name and cite this tileset as the source. Either way I look forward to seeing your creations. Good Luck.

If it helps to know I currently use paint.net with several layers for tileset editing. Also the tileset will shortly be moving to TWBT NEXT and so most tiles now have a permanent colored foreground and a color changing background (i.e. Books on a bookcase now have the same color everytime while the material the bookcase is made from now shows up in the background.) Please keep this in mind when making your creations so you can transition to the next update.

If you have any questions its easier to get a hold of me on reddit @ "dragonmaster_13" user name. Happy Editing! :D
-Dragonmaster13

tali713

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Dragonmaster, MSPaint is a fine tool for pixel art.  I've been using GIMP, because though I'm not super happy with the interface creating multiple layers is a breeze, since you can easily export just one layer at a time.  For the most part I'll I've done is fixes, though I really want to get rid of quadruped beakdogs, which I know are shared among almost, if not all 16x16 packs.

Looking forward to any updates, and I'll happily pass on any graphics I create, though I do work with XCF files. Since GIMP is free, that shouldn't be a problem.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Dragonmaster's 16x16 Tileset (170 Colors, Unique Tiles for all Stones)
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »

So I'm back with another update to this tileset/TWBT.
(Can see my fort with it on dfma if you wish)

Spoiler: Pure text tweaks (8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Graphical tweaks (12) (click to show/hide)

TWBT tweaks(13)
Other tweaks:
Fix for search menu crash.
Added resume ratio number number command to fix positioning of suspended building and added onMapLoad.init-example with it and warn-starving.

Download here together with DF/DFHack/TWBT.

E: Fixed -bg layer being included in main set in IBSHEET
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:49:58 am by Fleeting Frames »

Dragonmaster13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2021, 04:47:32 pm »

Sounds Interesting. Can't wait to try it.  :)
-Dragonmaster13

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2021, 10:05:03 am »

So I'm back with another update to this tileset/TWBT.
(Can see my fort with it on dfma if you wish)

Download here together with DF/DFHack/TWBT.

Thats honorable, thanks for this! I saw that the package is named "df_linux", that means it will only work for linux OS? Is that possible to utilize those while playing DF on Windows?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 10:08:06 am by LordBalkan »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2021, 12:50:12 am »

Generally, using a virtual machine (iirc Ubuntu used to have one near-natively). Iirc for windows 10 in particular it did bring running linux programs into it through importing the freeware. I have never tried it, but here's first random article I got off search for it.

(I could also set up compilation environment for Windows, but that's bit extra effort - I don't think your desire originates from wishing to use an old 32-bit system, so I'm assuming this is unnecessary.)

E: Fixed -bg layer being included in main set in IBSHEET, should redownload to get it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:50:10 am by Fleeting Frames »
Pages: 1 2 [3]