Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What weapons should our soldiers use the most often?

The Melee Weapons. The closest we'll get to having an actual Dwarven squad. Do note that this means we'll be using mostly melee on enemies that have guns...
- 3 (15.8%)
The Pistols. Humiliate the aliens by killing them with tiny baby guns! Do note that the enemy's guns are much bigger than ourse even at the start of the game...
- 0 (0%)
The Rifles. Bring the fight to the enemy with standard space marine gear. Do note that space marines have some very, very high rates of turnover due to death...
- 6 (31.6%)
The Shotguns. Like a mix of a gun and a melee weapon. Do note that enemies can and will attack from long ranges, where shotguns aren't much use...
- 2 (10.5%)
The Cannons/Explosives. Sometimes the only true solution is to blow it up. Do note that these true solutions don't apply to allies or civilians...
- 8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OpenXCOM Awesome Guns: A Suspiciously Smooth Start Of Serious Slaughter  (Read 6263 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXCOM Awesome Guns: A Suspiciously Smooth Start Of Serious Slaughter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 06:17:03 am »

The alien containment unit sounds nice, I support the building thereof.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 08:40:04 pm »

Sorry for filling up your "New reply" list like this, but I'm here to report that I won't really be able to continue the LP for... a while really, as in between schoolwork and personal issues I can't scrape enough time to make any new posts of this LP.

Perhaps I can tell you about other game mechanics in the mean time, to ease the wait.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »

Explosive weapons can be very effective when you just aim at the ground as well.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Isn't there a missile launcher or something that you can set waypoints, and set one right above the alien, and one on the alien, so even if it "misses" it still hits.

I'd like to dwarfed/humaned/X-com Operatived with one of those, if it works like that in OpenXcom as well. If not, any explosive using operative will work.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

Isn't there a missile launcher or something that you can set waypoints, and set one right above the alien, and one on the alien, so even if it "misses" it still hits.
You mean the Blaster Launcher, base damage of that thing is 200 iirc and makes a large area disappear in a cloud of smoke and debris and can be guided around the map and up/down lifts or though windows. Favourite weapon of Ethereals in the late game.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

The insidious thing about the old XCOM is that, while the stats of enemies changes from difficulty to difficulty, the power of enemy weapons does not.

Currently, the aliens are using plasma weapons that, as you saw earlier, are capable of killing soldiers in just one shot.

Later on, the aliens will use plasma grenades that are capable of killing multiple soldiers in just one shot.

Still later on, the aliens will use blaster bombs that are capable of killing many, many soldiers in just one shot.

So. Fun.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

PTW

I dunno if laser weaponry is as big of a leap forward as it is in the vanilla game, but if it is then I'd make sure to research that first. Having weapons that don't take like 20 shots to kill enemies like reapers or cyberdiscs is nice
Pages: 1 [2]