Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancer dwarf risk?  (Read 4573 times)

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer dwarf risk?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 12:23:24 pm »

Necro and vampire dwarfs don't eat nor drink yet still get hungry and thirsty .After about 6 months of being a necro/vampire the effected dwarf will slow down to a crawl and do everythig slowly.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »

Necro and vampire dwarfs don't eat nor drink yet still get hungry and thirsty .After about 6 months of being a necro/vampire the effected dwarf will slow down to a crawl and do everythig slowly.
Only thirst is an issue. You can solve it by assigning tavern keepers to force them to drink. I would assume necro/vamps can't die of intoxication.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 07:30:49 pm »

dont bother with necromancers unless you want extra training, my human vampire necromancer adventurer duke of the mountain home did not hesitate to fight his raised dead for eternity even as being undead himself. this means every time there is a fight it could turn into way worse as necromancers immediately reanimate intact corpses or anything that landed on the floor during combat(i had to get dfhack to fix it) however the new update made it alot easier to pulp small reanimated body parts.

making your dworves learn the secrets of life and death can lead them to throw tantrums more often, as they don't need to eat or drink they get unhappy thoughts of not doing so and anything else mundane, this ability obviously has to be exclusive to military but it has its glaring cons.

the tavern keeper solution is there as stated by Bumber but if your character/dwarf is someone who is constantly doing tasks and military(and doesnt do merry) your only going to see them drink once a year almost

I personally avoided turning my adventurer into a necro because of this

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »

making your dworves learn the secrets of life and death can lead them to throw tantrums more often, as they don't need to eat or drink they get unhappy thoughts of not doing so and anything else mundane, this ability obviously has to be exclusive to military but it has its glaring cons.
Is this really a huge issue? How often and severe are thoughts from not eating/drinking? Compare to socializing, crafting, and training activities (if the dwarf likes that.) No more "slept on ground" bad thoughts because they passed out before they could get to bed. Cave adaptation and wildlife seem to be the worst offenders in normal forts, and only the highest stress-prone dwarves tantrum. We can now fix "separated from loved one" thoughts by raiding dark forts.

I think you'd have to be depriving them of a lot more than food and drink. Not drinking is an issue mainly because of the slowing effect.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:22:53 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 05:37:09 pm »

I think you'd have to be depriving them of a lot more than food and drink. Not drinking is an issue mainly because of the slowing effect.

I'll take your word for that but I remember seeing a post about this some time ago which addressed the issue I had with necromancy; it wasn't just the thoughts but mundane needs in general which severely affected overall performance like being able to take it easy, eat a good meal, drink something since they don't have to do neither. It really could just be the evil embarks I do for the most glorious of battles as I even had stressed out necromancer children enter into moods to make artifacts. your going to have to do the compare !!science!! thing as i'm currently building up on adventure mode on this update, also I haven't tried necromancy ever since so i'm not exactly credible on how much of a issue this is and that was a while ago.

would you consider an evil embark or a necromancer fort even normal?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 09:06:27 pm »

I waited for three weeks for my new miners to get back to work and finish the aqueduct leading to my new reservoir. They made a good start, but then all decided to start a book club at the same time. I finally got sick of waiting and assigned my original two miners (whom I'd allowed to retire from mining once they hit legendary+5, so that they could work full-time as a mason and a bonecarver) to the job, and they finished it instantly. The other three are still screwing around. Oh, wait, no, now they've gone back to work...on a much lower priority project, now that the important work's been done. Dwarves...
Pages: 1 [2]