Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ☼34.11 Warlock Fort?☼  (Read 948 times)

Nerdling_S

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The nerd shall inherit the earth.
    • View Profile
☼34.11 Warlock Fort?☼
« on: December 18, 2017, 03:06:51 am »

Would anyone be eager to see a Masterwork 34.11 Warlock playthrough?
I will have all invaders turned on, but no fortress defence stuff. I’m not that good at masterwork. But I think I can make a fort that won’t spiral into chaos until about the fourth or fifth year. Even then it'll probably keep going in it's wonderful chaosity.
So, what do you say? Ready to embark on a quest of evil to CONTROL THE WORLD? 'Cause I sure am!  ;)

It'll be 34.11 because they still haven’t included warlocks in the latest version. :(
If a few people want to see this, I'll go right ahead.
Slit her ankles and when she falls down, BOIL HER IN BOILING FAT!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAH I mean, EAT HER EYES slit her throat and loot her body (don't forget to carve rude gestures into her face)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: ☼34.11 Warlock Fort?☼
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:25:13 am »

Awww come one, being curb stomped by the fortress defense civs is what makes masterwork fun! Either way, I'd like to see it, please explain more about this Evil Quest to Control the World.

Nerdling_S

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:49:19 am »

I've never tried fortress defence, but there are so many different armies. I might consider playing with some, which would you recommend? I'm also considering making it a succession, if so who would be stupid brave enough to take control of our puny soldiers mighty armies.
As for CONTROLLING THE WORLD:
We shall defeat all invading armies, and make their civilizations cower before us. They will fear to whisper our names!
Slit her ankles and when she falls down, BOIL HER IN BOILING FAT!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAH I mean, EAT HER EYES slit her throat and loot her body (don't forget to carve rude gestures into her face)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:47:05 am »

It'll be 34.11 because they still haven’t included warlocks in the latest version. :(
Just so you know, they never will. They rely on mechanics that do not work in the newer DF versions, mostly the AI for using interactions as well as dfhack scripts that simply don't exist for newer dfhack versions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nerdling_S

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 08:57:31 am »

Just so you know, they never will.
I'm sorry to here that. :( I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, guess it's 34.11 for me from now on.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:10:02 pm »

My recommendation would always be to add all of them, but if you aren't looking to wallow in the blood and viscera of your friends and family then I'd recommend the feric elves and the greater badgermen. They are both good invaders, but are civilized enough to come as mercenaries and just generally not try to kill everything on sight. I would recommend against the giant fiend spiders, purely because they are building destroyers. When they come to visit as a mercenary or something they just walk around knocking everything down and you can't do anything about it because they're visitors. I once had a fort that had statues in every hall (and it was a huge fort so it took up most of the map at the surface and then a lot at each of the cave layers) and one fiend spider mercenary systematically tore down every last statue. I was then never actually attacked by the civ. Fiend spiders are just not worth the effort.