Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update  (Read 51141 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.03] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »

After briefly trying out the mode I have two main suggestions:
1) Give Swinefolk the same language tag as Kobolds, so they don't speak. Or maybe put a lisp tag on them so they at least sound different from normal people
2) Make it so swinefolk/brigant/cultist etc. civilizations have different names for cities. Purely aesthetical purpose.
1. Giving them utterances would have them have kobold names which I don't want (also utterances isn't responsible for them being unable to speak). Lisp would be good although somewhat weird, since they aren't snake people - I still want them to be playable as an adventurer race and being unable to speak would be really annoying.
2. Not possible, sites cannot be modified in any way, not even the names.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:02:04 pm by ZM5 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:50:00 pm »

I am pretty sure different civs can have different names for their cities. Might be wrong, though.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 04:54:20 pm »

No, its impossible - you cannot have a site thats a "town" but called something else. Sites are completely non-editable at this point.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 05:44:40 pm »

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought he wanted the name to have a specific theme name.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »

On my 3rd, and trying to do an above ground "Hamlet" where the buildings defined in Darkest Dungeon and I try to make a DF version of it. 

The first forts was just playing around. 

Still on 44.02, and the 2nd fort I manage to get 3 monster slayer petitioners--all humans.

Anyway, here's a list of DD Hamlet building and my DF interpretation building projects:

1. Abbey (DF: Temple)

2. Ancestor's Memoirs (DF: Library, Record Keeper, Manager)

3. Blacksmith (DF: Forge)

4. Graveyard (DF: Tombs)

5. Guild (DF Barracks)

6. Nomad Wagon (DF: Cloth & Leather)

7. Sanitarium (DF: Hospital)

8. Stage Coach (DF: Expedition Leader, Migrant Dorm, Trade Depot)

9. Survivalist (DF: Kitchen, Butcher, Archery Range)

10. Tavern (DF: Tavern, Still)

Maybe switch Nomad Wagon with Stage Coach. 

In my 3rd attempt, I plan to limit to 20 pop; and increase visitor cap but only limited bards, and will accept soldiers and monster hunters.  Maybe scholar later.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 06:47:59 am »

That's pretty awesome, kinda surprised I haven't thought of doing so.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.03] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Inhuman Bondage Update
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 08:38:27 am »

New update - mostly some minor changes, but also a few additions.

First off, I've added 4 types of worldgen interactions that may happen. All of them add no fear and no pain to those that have them - they don't add immortality either.

First one is the Leper, which acts like a curse for defiling a temple. It reduces your agility to 30%, but triples strength and willpower, and also sets toughness to 250% - attacks thrown at you have their force reduced by 1/2 as well. Aside from that, you also constantly suffer from necrosis - don't expect a long lifespan as a leper.

Second is the Fanatic, which is spell knowledge gained from deities - can be found on slabs or in books written by fanatics. Strength and willpower is doubled, whereas their toughness is set to 150% - they also sense bloodsuckers (so the Crimson Court vamps, as well as Supplicants and Sycophants) through walls, showing as dark red circles; additionally, their personalities are completely rewritten.

They have three spells that they can use - Fury of the Righteous, which can hit up to 4 targets at once, causes bleeding, a strength reduction, as well as feelings of fright and repentance; Brand the Tainted, which causes pain and makes the target take more damage, on top of feelings of agony and fear (makes them more vulnerable to stress as well); and Righteous Condemnation - causes severe feelings of fear, fright, guilt and repentance, and it also buffs the Fanatic, adding a temporary 250 points of toughness (due to limitations with the TARGET_VERB token, its not possible to at a glance tell who has been targetted with it).

Next up is the Abomination, which is another "temple defilement" curse type. Those affected by it have their strength increased to 150%, whereas willpower and disease resistance are doubled. Their personalities are altered as well, becoming much less gregarious. Abominations, like vampires, have their status as such hidde - only their abilities give them away.
Their first spell is Beast's Bile, which is a liquid projectile that causes necrosis, pain, and feelings of fright and disgust. They have three self-buffs - Psych Up, which gives a 25% strength increase, but also causes feelings of worry and makes them more vulnerable to stress; Quickening, which provides a 40% agility increase; and Eldritch Blood, which adds another 500 points to disease resistance, but causes feelings of loathing, as well as increasing stress vulnerability.
Their main ability is Transform, which turns them into a demonic abomination. In this form, force from all oncoming attacks is halved, and their attributes are further increased - additionally, their scratching attacks cause more severe bleeding, while also making further attacks against the same target hit with much more force. Their biting and scratching attacks are also more deadly by default.

Last is the Flagellant, which like the Fanatic is a knowledge type that can be gained from deities, slabs and books written by flagellants. Their strength and willpower are doubled, and their toughness gets a 50% increase. Their personalities are partially altered as well.
They have three spells, all of which carry some kind of penalty for the Flagellant. Exsanguinate causes a strong bleeding effect and feelings of fear - however, the Flagellant becomes exerted, temporarily lowering their strength and agility to 75% of normal; Redeem causes feelings of elation, while also increasing recuperation to 250%, but carries the same penalties to the Flagellant as Exsanguinate; and Reclaim causes feelings of relief, while also adding 500 points to recuperation, but causes a mild short-term bleeding effect to the Flagellant.
As with the Fanatic, their spells do not precise who has been hit, due to limitations with the TARGET_VERB token.

Lastly, for other changes:
-Supplicants and Gorged Courtesans both get a bile-spewing attack that causes necrosis, blisters, and feelings of disgust - the Courtesans is much more serious, however, and also causes feelings of fright.
-the Baron and Viscount both get buffs from drinking blood now - Baron gets an agility and speed increase, Viscount gets a strength, agility and focus increase
-the Manacle and Flagellant's Flail weapons have been added - the former is used by witches, the latter by cultists -  both can be crafted by adventurers.
-made the Viscounts internal torso parts untargetable.
-added [LISP] token to Pelagics, figured it fit them
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:40:05 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.04] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Inhuman Bondage Update
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 04:03:12 pm »

Minor update - altered the Brigands entity file a bit, to make them compatible with the recent update to my full pack.

Also, included an instructions folder in the raws-only version, for the stuff that requires edited vanilla raws.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:41 pm »

Ohh, I was waiting for LNP to update to 44.04, then saw this, and just recently saw Toady update to 44.05.
But I think [44.04] Dwarfest Dungeon might work.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:14 am »

Yeah, all my mods are still compatible with 05, since Toady didn't change anything in the raws.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:34 am »

ptw, very cool stuff
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 10:43:22 am »

Minor bugfix update - went through some of the creatures in Dwarf Portrait due to curiosity, and I noticed some body errors that were present on the Heart of Darkness and Supplicants - fixed those (they weren't present in the errorlog, thats why it took me this long to notice it). Abomination also had a part of the description that I must have cut off by accident, so I fixed that as well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Updated the full packs to 44.07 - also introduced some of the same balancing changes as in my Warcraft pack - creatures can only be affected by one type of debilitating spell at a time (not including physical interactions like shrieks or the Madmans accusations/doomsaying), and some of the insectoid creatures should have tougher chitin.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Fixed a small issue with one of the body plans applying fungus to the body instead of flesh - updated the full packs to 09 as well.

Once I'm done with my first pass of the good/evil biome revamp, I'll update this pack again - I think I have a decent idea for something to represent the Ancestor, so expect to see that - I'm also thinking of introducing secret types to represent the Crusader and Occultist while I'm at it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Updated the full packs to 44.10 - no actual raw changes yet.
I could use some help in gauging how well the abilities that cause moodlets work and if they need some rebalancing, given the nature of this update - so definitely post experiences with sieges, megabeasts and other creatures from this pack here and I'll look into it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4