Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update  (Read 50940 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Refracted Update
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 06:22:08 am »

Large update this time - I've added Color of Madness content!

First off is the new invader race, the Husks. They come in three castes - all of them feel no fear, pain or nausea, cannot be made dizzy, cannot be paralyzed or blinded, and cannot be made feverish, all due to their stone bodies. All are also opposed to life, so wandering into their hamlets and towns could end badly if you aren't prepared.

The first caste are the standard Husks, representing the Farmhands. They can throw crystalline dust, which causes minor blistering as well as feelings of irritation - additionally, they can take a short break, which increases their agility to 150% and recuperation to 125%.

The second caste are the Husk Foremen - they learn whip skills faster and will more often be seen with them. Additionally, they can give orders to the standard Husks - attack orders will increase the agility of the husks to 135% and prevent them from getting overexerted, meanwhile defensive orders will increase their agility to 120% and toughness to 125%.

The last, most rare caste are the Suffering Souls, representing the Miller - they are larger than the other two castes, and learn spear skills at twice the usual rate. They can also reanimate the bodies of the dead as Husk minions, which are functionally identical to the standard caste. They are the only caste capable of speech, but as they are still opposed to life, don't expect any mercy.

Husks lack metal armor or shields, only having normal clothing. For weapons, they have battle axes, short swords, long swords, spiked cudgels, spears, whips, crossbows, withered hoes (spear skill) and withered scythes (also spear skill). Husks will send out both thieves and baby snatchers, although they'll be more likely to simply attack anyone they come across.

Secondly, new standard creatures, also related to the Husks.

Crystalline Aberrations - immobile, hostile crystals you may occasionally see in evil grasslands, savannas and shrublands. Their only method of attack is to shoot bits of crystalline dust at any living thing that comes nearby - these will cause mild blistering and feelings of irritation.

Scarecrows - regular scarecrows animated by the crystalline corruption. They are not found in the wilderness, however they may accompany the Husks on sieges - they attack by scratching, punching and headbutting. They can use Shards of Growth to double the recuperation of nearby eldritch creatures, which the Husks are classified as - they can also use Haunting Revelation to make a target more vulnerable to stress, while also causing feelings of horror and fright. Lastly, their scratching attacks cause blistering injuries, which cause feelings of agony, and also temporarily reduce the agility and focus of their victims.

Husk Horse - crystallized horses found in evil grasslands, savannas and shrublands - will also be used by the Husks as pets. Same size as normal horses, but as their hooves are shattered, they hover off the ground. They can paw the ground, which increases their agility and speed to 125%, and can also let out a Bestial Scream, which causes feelings of fright and fear.

Sleeper's Herald (image is of the Sleeper's Dream - wiki doesn't have an image for the Herald) - essentially a hovering crystal, surrounded by a shell of stone. It mainly attacks by stabbing with some of the crystals surrounding its core - it can also use Reality Bend to cause feelings of uneasiness and fright. It can be found in evil grasslands, savannas and shrublands, and may accompany the Husks on their sieges.

Next up are 3 new megabeasts.

Thing from the Stars - a horrid abomination that has absorbed the bodies of both man and beast. Although considered semimegabeasts, making their populations a tad larger, they have the same attack triggers as normal megabeasts. They can attack by stabbing with a large crystal blade, biting and kicking - their stabbing attacks cause feelings of horror, fright and agony.
They have four main abilities - Phase Gnaw, which fires a glob of cosmic blight, causing major blisters, possible mild necrosis, and feelings of fear; Weakening Shard, which fires weakening dust that causes feelings of fear, reduces toughness and disease resistance to 75%; Transfixing Shard, which fires transfixing dust that causes feelings of fright, and reduces strength and agility to 75%; Paralyzing Shard, which fires paralyzing dust that can cause paralysis and feelings of hopelessness; and Return to the Stars, which reanimates a dead body as a a Crystalline Aberration.
The Things have talented skill in biting, striking, kicking and melee combat, but only adequate in dodging. Additionally they are not capable of moving very fast - however, they cannot be stunned or blinded, feel no fear, pain or nausea, and do not need to breathe. All attacks directed against them also have their force reduced, making them weaker.

Sleeper - a gestating, cosmic horror, encased in a comet.
It has the same attack triggers as the Heart of Darkness.
Its physical attacks consist of lashing or stinging with its tentacles - its stinging attack causes severe blistering, feelings of horror, and makes the victim more vulnerable to stress.
It has two special attacks (technically five, although four are variants on the same move); The Sleeper Awakens, which causes severe feelings of horror, fright, terror, fear and mortification; and Vile Focusing, which revives a dead body as one of four, differently coloured crystal aberrations - all are larger than the regular Crystalline Aberration, though not by much, and have different attacks - Traumatic (black) Aberrations fire dust that reduces recuperation to 35%, causes minor blisters, feelings of horror, and makes the target more vulnerable to stress; Pestilential (sickly green) Aberrations fire dust that causes more severe blistering with a chance of necrosis, as well as strong feelings of irritation; Temporal (purple) Aberrations fire dust that causes severe blistering, dizziness, and feelings of irriation; and Unstable (red) Aberrations fire crystals that merely do blunt damage.
The Sleepers have expert combat skills, but only adequate in dodging. They move very slowly as well, though not as slowly as the Hearts.

Ancestral Apparition - a stand-in for the Ancestor. Essentially a large, hovering humanoid - its physical attacks are the same as those of normal humanoids, however it has several abilities at its disposal.
Its can reanimate the bodies of the dead as Perfect Reflections and Imperfect Reflections. Both variants can use We Are the Same, which cause feelings of fear and horror. Perfect Reflections can use Reunion, which causes feelings of fright, along with severe pain and mild bleeding. Imperfect Reflections lack a secondary ability, however they have several tentacles sprouting from their chests, one of which has two toothy maws - being bitten by said tentacle will cause dizziness, as well as make the target more vulnerable to future attacks - it also causes feelings of fright and agony. Both Reflections can bite with their chest maws as well.
The Apparition itself can use Time Heals All to increase the recuperation of both itself and its reflections to 250%; Refashion Them, which can target up to 2 victims and causes severe bleeding and pain, along with feelings of horror and agony; and Embrace Futility, which reduces Strength, Agility and Kinesthetic Sense to 85%, while also causing feelings of gloom, hopelessness and defeat.
The Apparition has slightly higher attack triggers than normal megabeasts - since it counts as a semimegabeast, its numbers will be higher in worldgen. Their combat skills are all at adept, including dodging.

I've added two knowledge types, which represent the Crusader and the Occultist.

Occultists get doubled willpower, and feel no fear - their personalities also become innately more curious and persevering, and they can sense nearby eldritch creatures (shown through walls as blue circles).
They have four abilities - Wyrd Reconstruction, which sets recuperation to 200%, but has a chance of causing bleeding; Hands from the Abyss, which lashes an enemy with otherworldly tentacles, causing feelings of horror, as well as bleeding, severe pain and dizziness; Weakening Curse, which reduces strength and toughness to 75% and causes feelings of fear; and Vulnerability Hex, which reduces agility to 75%, causes feelings of fear, and makes the target more vulnerable to further damage.

The Crusaders get doubled strength and willpower, and their toughness is set to 125% - they will also feel no fear or pain. Their personalities become more dutiful and persevering, and they can sense nearby undead creatures (shown through walls as purple circles). They gain four abilities - Holy Lance, which launches a strong projectile that causes blunt damage; Bulwark of Faith, which causes all attacks against the Crusader to have their force reduced by half - additionally it causes feelings of zeal and makes them less vulnerable to stress; Battle Heal, which adds a 500 flat increase to recuperation and causes feelings of elation - it has a short cooldown and can be used on a target repeatedly, however; and Inspiring Cry, which provides a 200 flat increase to recuperation, prevents fear, makes the target less vulnerable to stress and causes a feeling of ferocity.

Lastly, I made some changes to existing creatures. Most of the syndromes causing stuff like necrosis or blisters have had their severity and durations toned way down - most infamously the vomit of the Swine Wretch would melt through creatures - that should no longer happen (unless a victim gets slashed by a Meathook and then gets vomited on - see below).
More specifically, the Drowned Thralls scratching attacks now cause feelings of fear and fright; the slashes from Swine Meathooks cause agony, fear, and reduce disease resistance to 65%; the Collector can now use Life Drain, which causes feelings of horror and agony in the victim, along with reducing their endurance to 75% and making them more vulnerable to proceeding attacks; Necromancers can use Six Feet Under, which causes feelings of horror, fear and gloom; Cultists and Swine have had the population ratios adjusted, so the basic castes (regular swine and cultist brawlers and witches) should far outnumber the more specialized castes. Lastly, a more minor cosmetic change and one you'd only notice in adventure mode is that most of the wild creatures now make sounds that can be heard from a distance.
I also removed the [BLOODSUCKER] token from the, well, bloodsuckers - this is entirely a gameplay concession - their bites still draw blood, however, they should be able to survive worldgen better - for some reason, races with that token will regularly purge themselves of themselves for being bloodsuckers. So while they now cannot feed anymore on sleeping creatures, everything else is still in order and they'll have higher populations.

That should be it - hope you guys enjoy the update!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:08:15 am by ZM5 »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »

Why not add some kinds of 'spreading crystal' plant types to liven up the up the evil biomes? I don't know if it's possible, but a rare plant that turns you into a still controllable husk upon eating would be pretty cool and still in theme despite not technically being part of the game.

(Off topic: Do you think the Colors of Madness DLC is worth buying if you're in the middle of a game?)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 04:25:04 am »

It would definitely be possible - it'd be somewhat dickish if the husks were to still be opposed to life, although it probably would be a lot more noticable from the start since light-blue plants would stand out immediately.

I would say so, yeah - introduces a whole bunch of neat trinkets that you can get, could potentially make your life easier.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2018, 09:05:24 pm »

Hm, rebalancing. I'm curious about that aspect: How do you determine how dangerous something is and how dangerous it ought to be, anyway?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2018, 04:46:18 am »

Mostly just taking a look through the syndrome-causing creatures and finding out which ones had values that were excessive - the Swine Wretches were one such example, the necrosis from their vomit had way too high severity and too long of a duration - noticed some people saying they basically melted their dwarves so I figured that was way too much.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 04:21:10 pm »

Somewhat minor update - I changed the wood materials a bit - they're gonna be more in line with the changes to similar ones I'm gonna introduce to my other mods.

More importantly, I added a new Brigand caste - the Brigand Brutes, who are a stand-in for Brigand Vvulf. They're larger than the other brigands, and have two abilities - Warcry, which induces several negative emotions, and Get Them!, which aside from inducing a smaller amount of negative emotions, also can cause dizziness and reduces focus to 85%. Both can be used on up to 4 targets at a time.
The Shrieker also now has a peck attack - does more piercing damage compared to its bite.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:56:06 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2018, 11:36:45 am »

Quick hotfix - altered the hags a bit, so their fungal slaves have "fungal slave blood" rather than "hag" blood.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 07:22:25 am »

Minor update - altered the identity names (prophets, criminals, peddlers, peasants, etc.) for the invader races. In-game music in the full pack should be a tad different too.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »

This is a small typo, but I thought I'd mention it.

I would imagine Couresans 'thirst for blood' instead of 'first for blood'.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 04:35:19 am »

Ah dammit, this is why you don't write descriptions for this stuff while sleep-deprived. Updated the files - the description change should take effect on an already-genned world.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 10:28:14 pm »

To get me in the mood for Holloween, I using your mod pack

Then pasted it on the latest LNP 44_12 r-03, 

And then I also used Meph's Westeros (Game of Thrones) world map gen, but limit it to 1 cavern layer.

Now genning a world.  I hope it don't crash.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2018, 02:20:57 am »

Oh nice, lemme know how it turns out!

I'm gonna have to upload that link once I'm done with the Diablo mod, it currently doesn't include the Goetic pack either but that's fairly minor.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2018, 03:22:31 am »

Civilization: The Cat of Excavations
Fortress Name: Sandcats
Group Name: The Metal of Relics.
Symbol: The Bile of Fellowships is an image of cats and a saguaro.  The saguaro is surrounded by cats.  The cats look offended. 

Interesting start.  I was thinking Sand Snakes down south, but I got cats, and civ isn't dwarf.
I have 4 Forsaken Humans, 1 Forsaken Elf, 1 Forsaken Gnome, and my noble a Forsaken Ghoul. 

--
edit/update

I got 3 summer migrants, then 2 autumn migrants.  Siege come in Autumn, and a deadly dust FB in cavern. 
I was hoping for more migrants.  I wonder if I get trade caravan.

I may need to tweak it so I start as dwarf, and put more dwarf civs in the world. maybe run to 200 year history only instead of 279.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:03:16 pm by Sanctume »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 09:34:45 am »

Minor update - added sounds to the Perfect/Imperfect Reflections and to the Ancestral Apparition, also fixed some body plan mistakes that I didn't notice until I used Dwarf Portrait.

Definitely gonna be a bigger update once the DD sequel comes out, though. Pretty excited for that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2019, 04:59:03 am »

Minor fix update - Collectors and Necromancers had some targeting problems with Life Drain/Six Feet Under - thats fixed now. Collectors also now have cloth over their arms properly.

More importantly, I updated the Formless Flesh a bit. Being bitten by its head now has an additional effect - causes feelings of fear and agony, as well as severe pain and mildly increased bleeding - it can use Sanguine Stroke to increase its recuperation to 150%, and it also now has an excess bit of spine protruding from its lower body - it can bash with it (as a stand-in for Bone Zephyr).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4