Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update  (Read 50939 times)

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Refracted Update
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 08:36:32 pm »

So, uh while messing about in Arena Mode, this happend.

I think it's a glitch with the Heart of Darkness, and that whoever sees it perform 'Come onto your Maker' and survives will be able to use 'Come onto your Maker' themselves. Unless, of course this is intended as viewing the Alpha and Omega force someone to join it's terrible mass may scar upon the viewer terrible eldritch power...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2019, 04:18:33 am »

That's bizarre, I haven't seen that happen during testing - will look into what's possibly causing it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2019, 06:32:36 am »

Alright, I think I fixed that issue - ran an arena test and a blood-covered dwarf didn't actually get the interaction so that should be fine now.

Also, along with that, a small weapons update - on a suggestion from Splint, I added more weapons based on the gear carried by the Darkest Dungeon heroes (and also the Fanatic) - there already were some in, like the manacles of the Abomination or the sickle of the Jester, but this is a more complete set. Aside from crafting them, the invaders will also use them - presumably the heroes either defected or died and had their gear taken.
There's also some armor pieces that'll be available - thanks to Splint for creating those!
Weapons:
-Vestal's Mace - mace weapon, does a similar type of damage as the Morningstar, though it is stronger and larger. Used by Hags.
-Duelist's Knife - dagger weapon - relatively balanced between both slashing and stabbing attacks. Used by Brigands.
-Antiquarian's Kukri - sword weapon - cannot stab, but its slashing attack is more deadly. Used by Hags.
-Surgeon's Dagger - dagger weapon - more effective at stabbing. Used by Bloodsuckers and Pelagics.
-Occultist's Dagger - dagger weapon - more effective at slashing. Used by Cultists.
-Split-bit War Axe - axe weapon - has a strong hacking attack. Used by Swinefolk.
-Elegant Assegai - spear weapon - stabbing attack is stronger. Used by Bloodsuckers.
-Weighted Pick - mace weapon - does a similar type of damage as a pickaxe. Used by Swinefolk and Husks.
-Blunted Morningstar - mace weapon - despite the name, it does a similar type of damage as a normal Morningstar, although it is more effective. Used by Pelagics and Bone Soldiers.
-Elegant Throwing Dagger - ranged weapon, uses the slinger skill. Does either slashing or stabbing damage when impacting. Used by Bloodsuckers.
-Competitor's Musket - ranged weapon, uses the marksman skill. Fires at a higher velocity compared to blunderbusses. Used by Brigands.
-Competitor's Pistol - ranged weapon, uses the marksman skill. Fires at a very high force. Used by Bloodsuckers and Brigands.
-Duelist's Pistol - ranged weapon, uses the marksman skill. Fires at a high force and with a higher velocity, more similar to the Competitor's Musket. Used by Brigands.
-Crusader's Longsword - sword weapon. Larger and stronger than a normal long sword. Used by Brigands and Bone Soldiers.
-Censer - mace weapon. Bashing attacks have a high velocity. Used by Hags.
-Eldritch Skull Focus - uses the lasher skill. Can slash, stab and bludgeon with tendrils that come out of the skull - all are powerful but have higher prepare/recovery times - alternatively, can just bash with the skull itself - faster prepare time. Used by Cultists.
-Fanatic's Crosier - uses the spear skill. Can bash with it for blunt damage, or do a slower but stronger edged "smite" attack with beams of light. Used by Pelagics.
-Fanatic's Battle Hammer - hammer weapon. Bashing attack has a high velocity modifier. Used by Cultists.

Armor:
-Veiled Helm - used by Brigands and Swinefolk.
-Crusader Helm - used by Bone Soldiers.
-Crusader Plate - used by Bone Soldiers. Covers down to the lower arms and upper legs.
-Hammered Plate - used by Hags. Covers down to the upper arms and lower body.
-Bloodhunter Plate - used by Cultists and Bloodsuckers. Covers down to the upper arms and lower body.
-Hunter's Scale Armor - used by Brigands and Swinefolk. Covers down to upper arms and upper legs.

That should be it for now - after I'm done with the project I'm working on currently I'll also work on the snakes that appear in the Shieldbreakers nightmares (and in corridor/room battles later after enough nightmares) - I admittedly completely forgot about them.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2019, 10:48:43 am »

Update time, far larger than I initially anticipated.

Main thing in the current update is a new friendly/playable race, the Light Worshippers - a stand-in for the Church, as well as the various playable heroes (and the Fanatic). All of the heroes have varying ability sets, personality traits and skill learning rates as well as higher/lower attributes - there are regular peasants as well that do not have any particular bonuses to help with reliability. They are also capable of using the crystals one can get from butchering certain Husk creatures (i.e Scarecrows, Crystalline Aberrations or Husk Horses) in order to brew a variety of tonics that provide buffs, or use multiple ones to make a powerful, expensive metal.
I've added a few new creatures, mostly the ones that were missing - the Snakes from Shieldbreaker's nightmares, the Malignant/Defensive Growths, and the Shambler Spore (those little annoying tentacle things the Shambler summons during its fight).
Some creatures (both civilized and wild ones), i.e the Ucas or some of the gorged Bloodsuckers, now also have additional properties added onto their attacks, and a few creatures (i.e Courtesans, or the Sleeper) have additional abilities outright.

I've revamped the Drowned and Bone Soldiers as well - they now have multiple castes (i.e Bone Soldiers, aside from the regular "bone soldier" caste, have the bone courtiers, bone defenders, bone captains and bone officers [a stand-in for Bone Bearers] as their castes), and no longer are found in caves - the former live in towns, and the latter in hillocks/fortresses. They are still opposed to life, so be wary entering their sites. Swinefolk also now have additional castes, Piglets and Marchers (former is a stand-in for Wilbur, the latter a stand-in for the Drummers), meanwhile the Pelagics now have female variants of the Grouper, Oracle and Guardian castes, to help with replenishing losses.

Lastly, I added two new plants, Miasmic Trees and Crimson Bloodvines - former are only in some evil biomes (inspired by the husked trees seen in the Miasmic Orchard district), the latter in savage biomes (inspired by the Sanguine Vinters district). Both have some special properties, so be wary.

To help with documentation, I've included help files, similar to my main pack - I'll be doing those for my other mods as well (so while I have updates ready for most of them, it will take a while before they're released). Another shared change is the addition of two plant types (not from DD or any other source), manabanes and venombanes - these are mostly to help combat the effects of magic (latter increase disease resistance, former only raises endurance slightly but also gives full magic immunity).

All of the stuff in the help files are as of this update, so the new abilities/properties will be highlighted.

Hope you guys enjoy this update!

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2019, 03:39:48 pm »

A bug I seem to have encounted is that the Collecter's Collected's heads seem to be made out soley of skin, flesh and fat.  No brain. No skull. I can only wounder what it looks like flopping in the wind. Beyond that this makes so any attack against the the head is largely ineffective and the only way to put them down is by severing the upper spine.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 03:42:28 pm by CrashyMcGee »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 03:57:52 am »

Huh, I could have sworn I gave them the skull/brain body parts - guess not. I did notice they were oddly tough to damage but I chalked it up to them having a small size (since, well, its just a head and spine). Will post a quick fix now.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »

Small update - I fixed an issue with the light worshippers who were missing a body size (somehow the errorlog doesn't bring it up) so now they should be the appropriate size - also changed the gas projectiles of the light worshippers (i.e flashbangs, disorienting powder, plague doctors vapors, etc.) so they no longer harm other light worshippers - should make the castes with them a bit more usable.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 11:42:07 am »

Update for 47 - only the raws only version is updated for now, given worldgen crashes.

Main changes:
-Cultist/Ascended Witches have their versions of the new Propel ability - the Eldritch Push from Cultist Witches is a lot weaker than the Fate's Push of Ascended Witches.
-Templars, Gorged Sycophants, Unstable Aberrations and Church Fanatics now have edged ranged attacks. Crusader's Holy Lance ability is also edged now.
-Healing spells now use the new syndromes for proper healing - will have to write the specifics later.
-Pelagic Oracles no longer have Raise Dead.
-Necromancer Lord, Shambler, Ancestral Apparition, Collector, Mammoth Cyst, Sleeper, Thing from the Stars, Miller, Siren, and Drowned Captain now have summons. Collector and Necromancer Lord retain their reanimation abilities (will adjust Collector's summon at a later time to add the highwayman/man-at-arms/vestal variants to the Collected heads).
-Healing spells now use the new added syndromes - will still have to update the help files properly with what each healing spell does exactly, but for now I just wanted the update out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:06:08 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2020, 12:37:08 pm »

Long time no update. Its still only an update to the raws-only download (I'm sorta thinking of scrapping the 64/32-bit download links I've had up with my mods, due to how many mods I'm maintaining at the moment) but its somewhat of a larger one with more proper reworks. Also, for the time being, all creatures that didnt need to eat/drink previously now have to eat and drink - this should fix the worldgen crashes for the time being.

Main changes:
-Fate's Push of the Ascended Witches now causes a negative moodlet.
-Wrote down the specifics of healing spells.
-Collected now have the Highwayman, Vestal and Man-at-Arms castes. These are only summoned by the Collector with Collect Call - when he reanimates a corpse as a Collected, they're just a "generic" Collected with no special abilities.
-Necromancer Lord functions more similarly to how he does in Darkest Dungeon - rather than outright summoning skeletons, each time he uses Six Feet Under and The Crawling Dead (new ability) he summons a single random Bone Soldier.
-Shambler can summon a veil of darkness to shroud the surrounding area and limit visibility. (to sort of simulate the party being thrown into a dark void when fighting it)
-Shambler now has a Lesser Shambler cousin - rather than a megabeast, it is more of a bogeyman-type, summoned by necromancers, or occasionally ambushing lone travellers at night in evil biomes. It is smaller and has lower combat skills, though its abilities remain the same otherwise.

Veil of darkness in question - this was at daytime with no surrounding fog or clouds. Might not be too much but it does add to something to the intimidation factor, I feel.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:39:27 pm by ZM5 »

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 05:18:43 pm »

PTW
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2020, 09:24:18 am »

Is the Occultist going to have Stygian Embrace added?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2020, 12:21:18 pm »

Is the Occultist going to have Stygian Embrace added?
I'll have to look more through the new abilities - completely forgot the Butcher's Circus was released. Will see which ones make it in and which ones dont.

EDIT: Probably will then, looking through the list on the DD wiki there doesn't seem to be much else that warrants adding - most of the different stuff just seems to be existing abilities renamed and rebalanced for PVP - Stygian Embrace actually looks outright new so I'd give it a shot.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 12:56:34 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] Dwarfest Dungeon - A Darkest Dungeon Mod - Church Update
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2021, 08:53:01 am »

Small update - added the Occultist's Stygian Embrace spell - aside from healing, it also puts a target into stealth.

DD2 has had some stuff revealed, including that freaky Plague Eater faction - excited to add them whenever more info pops up about them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]