Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World where elf civs were all killed off by megabeast/titan  (Read 1676 times)

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
World where elf civs were all killed off by megabeast/titan
« on: December 23, 2017, 02:26:18 pm »

Exactly what it says on title. Generated a world, had the history run for 100 years or so, found out that the elves at some point went completely extinct via a combo of going to play adventure mode and finding them absent and then proceeding to check legends viewer (I initially assumed that the humans and goblins simply got to em because humans in this world actually are the primary aggressors in war for... some reason...  ??? ) and finding out, well :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Decided to actually look more in depth, checked every single elf historical figure in legends viewer I could find (which turned out to be not that many, about 37). Almost all of them were killed by the one titan mentioned, Aste, in two key rampages that basically destroyed the elves before they could even spread out even slightly.

By year 20, every single elf had been killed by the three shown (with one exception, an elf died to an ettin named  'Vafe Sisteroracle' in 15 over an ash crown or something.) with the last elf dying to Aste.

On one hand, it's kinda sad to not have elves around by virtue of em making fort mode more interesting by virtue of being the tree-loving bloodthirsty little jerks they are.

On the bright side, this taught me an important lesson... and that lesson is to maybe turn up the civilization amount in advanced worldgen if i'm going to have this many megabeasts and such stomping around.  :-\

/edit I mean, I guess this gives me some motivation to check out the surrounding area in adventure mode, I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:28:32 pm by Amorphage »

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World where elf civs were all killed off by megabeast/titan
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 10:46:12 pm »

Decided to look up Aste in legends mode and it turns out the killer of elfkind looks like... Uh, best I could figure out, this:

Sometime you win, sometimes you get killed by a giant pink moth with an alf trunk, I guess.  ::)

/EDIT and here's Aste's description in legends mode, in case the drawing didn't convey what I was trying to show:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:51:25 pm by Amorphage »

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »

A look of unbelievable peace. Associated with nature, happiness, etc. As it TOTALLY RAMPAGES AND DESTROYS the totally hippy, nature-loving elf civilization.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:54:59 pm »

A look of unbelievable peace. Associated with nature, happiness, etc. As it TOTALLY RAMPAGES AND DESTROYS the totally hippy, nature-loving elf civilization.
Irony in it's greatest form.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 01:57:08 am »

Truly hilarious tragic.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 02:23:57 am »

Truly tragic hilarious.

FTFY.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.