Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 44.02 DF adds 5 new professions that require sprites. Just for your info.  (Read 2882 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

They are: PROPHET, PILGRIM, MONK, CRIMINAL and PEDDLER. Any race can have those, even visiting humans or elves that want to join your fort, so they are required 5 times. Dwarf, Elf, Human, Goblin, Kobold. 25 sprites in total.

You can add profession sprites for them just like any other profession in a raw/graphics.txt and fitting .png.

I just thought I'll let other tileset authors know, because I had a look at the raw changes, and these are not mentioned anywhere.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 44.02 DF adds 5 new professions that require sprites. Just for your info.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:50 pm »

They are actually mentioned in /raw/graphics/graphics_example.txt. There's a list of lots of profession tags in there.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
Re: 44.02 DF adds 5 new professions that require sprites. Just for your info.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:03:42 pm »

I don't believe criminal (along with mercenary) actually work. I'm not certain if that's intentional or not. 

I can imagine Toady making the point that criminals and mercenaries don't have "a dress code", so how could you tell what they are? Heh.

I suppose we could just ask. It's not like he isn't an open book . . .

<snip>
@other_graphic_set_authors The specific tokens that Toady provided for the Artifact release are as follows: PROPHET, PILGRIM, PEDDLER, MONK and CRIMINAL, subject to change before release of course.
</snip>

And, as jecowa pointed out, they were listed in graphics_example.txt upon release.

edit: I asked in the FotF thread. Link above.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:32:46 pm by burned »
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast