Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released  (Read 71567 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Here are some bug fixes to close out the year.  Notably, visitors shouldn't arrive in such large numbers so early on, and fewer of them should overstay their welcome (in old saves, people already in transit will arrive, but it should taper off.)  Adventure mode commanders etc. should recognize more of your accomplishments properly and not talk about unknown creatures so much, but identities have introduced some non-trivial issues there that we'll have to build through more carefully, and there'll be some ongoing silliness.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash from guide agreements
   (*) Fixed crash related to off-loaded items coming into play
   (*) Made agents and roaming questers respect visitor cap
   (*) Fixed problem causing agents not to check fort for tavern
   (*) Made fort-visiting questers leave properly
   (*) Made fort claim certain looted artifacts properly instead of leaving them on edge of map
   (*) Fixed several cases of "unknown creature" utterances
   (*) Fixed problem with neighbors not recognizing you, including commander and other quest givers
   (*) Stopped undisplayed items from lingering on display furniture
   (*) Made dwarven off-site squads stranded during preparation return to the fort
   (*) Made 32-bit Mac version recognize new keys

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed broken plant indicator on food stockpile
   (*) Made opinion monologues on performances etc. show text properly
   (*) Made log show completed kill orders properly
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »

It is glorious.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 05:53:33 pm »

Thank you, Toady! And happy holidays to you!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »

Thanks, and Happy Christmas to you and yours!
Team Bug Fix!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »

Nice, looks like the only raw codes was yet another tweak to the indentation in plant_new_trees. Makes mod updating easier. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 06:23:40 pm »

I just saw Toady One release "Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03." That was very satisfying!

And a happy Christmas to all of you at home!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 06:31:12 pm »

Awesome! Thanks!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Urist McWaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I feel so good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 07:55:08 pm »

Thanks, Toady and happy holidays!  :D

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 08:13:58 pm »

Seems good so far. No visitors at all until I hit the caverns, then a couple of monster hunters turned up. Now have a tavern and will observe how artifact hunters act.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »

So the identity recognition stuff definitely seems fixed - people understand relations to one another and to yourself and will react to your actions accordingly - the one hiccup I keep running into however is generating any sort of positive reputation out of killing infamous beasts. Best example so far is that I have slain a giantess who all my hearthmates will confirm is a "dangerous animal", but upon slaying said giantess everyone always reacts to the story with "it was inevitable" - except for my commander who tells me it's "Commendable" but only when completing the quest, not when bringing up the incident. After the fact fellow hearthspeople still refuse to join me on my adventures after telling them that story, possibly confirming that they indeed didn't care. They will confirm though when asked after, that the giantess is dead, just no emotional reaction to my role in its death. However on the flipside of things I did some more devious testing just to push the limits of the system and assaulted some villagers in front of their roommates, and also my fellow hearthspeople in front of one another. Their actual reaction was understandable, as some turned hostile, others fled in fear, but upon getting any of them to yield and prompting them with the incident I had just performed that sent them reeling in terror, ie: "I just assaulted your brother/friend/etc." they still respond with "it was inevitable". So my initial suspicions are that reputation being transferred locally via telling stories is still a little finnicky, although the information may get passed around well enough. I'm going to do more testing though, I'll try to complete a chain of quests and see if I can get a bigger reaction out of either my hearth-dwelling friends or the local villagers who are plagued with the same terrors usually. And the next thing I will attempt is to slay a bandit in front of someone who is aware that person is a bandit, so I can determine if positive reputation can be generated only via witnessing the event, as it was negatively with the morally questionable massacres.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:30:25 pm by gnome »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »

Yes! What do I get for being right about the holiday release thing? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 12:26:29 am »

Still pleasant to see, though it seems "It was inevitable" is back with a vengeance still.

Also there's the raw-fuckery issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10425
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 12:30:05 am »

Still pleasant to see, though it seems "It was inevitable" is back with a vengeance still.

Also there's the raw-fuckery issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10425
That's one of those simple fixes like gorlaks and doors that'll turn up sometime towards the end of the cycle no doubt. Not at all game-breaking. In the meantime, if you need it, just add the tag.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 01:02:40 am »

Still can't get people to notice that I'm holding an artifact, can't get fame to join a different questgiver's group whether I bring up kills or tell stories about said kills, still some weird stuff going on there.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 03:05:25 am »

Hmm. Was just browsing the map for the news that the liaison just brought when I lost all the text (moving the cursor over a news site didn't show any news text). Closing the map and reopening it brought it back, so no big deal.

--edit
OK, have managed to reproduce this.
One of my news sites is a long list of refugee groups which recently formed in order to flee an oncoming army. To read the whole list you need to scroll down.
After scrolling down, if you move off to read news at other sites, no news text is displayed.
Returning to the refugee list and scrolling back up to the top of the list fixes the problem, text at other sites is now visible.
Simply trying to scroll up from a blank site doesn't work.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:15:53 am by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4