Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released  (Read 71572 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 03:18:34 am »

Hmm, I got praised for bravery specifically when I killed the troll, so I thought I was doing better there.  I'll continue to look at it.  Artifacts also; appears to be one of those things that totally fell apart somehow after all my tests worked out during implementation, which isn't surprising since identities have been so finicky so far.

I've seen the text drop on the map as well, no idea why.  Usually that sort of thing comes from a scroll variable not being reset, but could be anything.

I looked into the "it was inevitable" for beast kills (which has nothing to do with rep, just the opinion builder), and I was surprised that they might have ever said anything else, since the hf-to-hf comparisons don't seem to count beast status toward opinion.  It's on my radar, but shouldn't affect rep gains.  When you ask them about yourself after telling them, so they still just say "you are a pleasure to speak with?" or whatever?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 07:26:40 am »

So far "You're a pleasure to speak with" seems to come with just about every scenario when asking about myself. However it can be coupled with "you are unhinged", "you are somewhat violent", "you started a brawl with Urist McSoandso" and so forth. So that part I think is all working fine-ish, although every report of an incident is still seen initially as "it was inevitable" when in past versions I'm used to people getting so upset right off the bat that they start spitting at me, though I can't quite recollect what the accompanied message is supposed to be. So far I haven't had anyone spit at me, either in my Hearth brawls or in cities/villages. Perhaps I am confused as to what triggers someone to spit at you and then refuse to engage in active conversation. And also perhaps I'm being presumptuous in assuming that anyone living together are automatically friends or family. I am making a new character and will run another test regarding positive reputation gain.

Ooh okay I just got praised as a "protector of the defenseless" by a  lord I don't serve - for killing some random guy who bumrushed me in the middle of the woods. But only when asking about myself though it was met with "you are a protector of the defenseless - you justly slew Inan Emptyslid - you are also a killer - you ended the days of Inan Emptyslid." AND he let me join his hearth afterward. But the incident report still was met with "it was inevitable". So you're right in that reputation is still working, it's just opinions that are a little but funky?

I just got a guy to respond to my incident report with "you attacked a human. the defenseless are safer from outlaws" after attacking one of the local criminals. That was the message I was looking for I think. This is a good sign. Perhaps some things just aren't impressive to some people.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:27:30 am by gnome »

tkamat29

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 04:08:19 pm »

Can someone report whether the forgotten beast bug was fixed? In 44.02 they would just hang around the edge of the map, which ruined a lot of !!FUN!!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »

Can someone report whether the forgotten beast bug was fixed? In 44.02 they would just hang around the edge of the map, which ruined a lot of !!FUN!!
There's a bug tracker which keeps track of bugs. Saves people having to ask in forums.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10388
(Not yet).

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 10:46:57 pm »

Eeek no I didn't check for two days! I am behind!

(Thank you Toady, awesome Christmas present, even if it was a late one for me XD)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 12:23:57 am »

Sweetness

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 04:12:47 am »

probably that pops up if you greet the person or not bypass their greeting
just made a new adventurer and instantly ask a random stranger about the adventurer and they reply with "I dont know you."
the pleasure to speak with probably comes from holding a conversation with the person or the greeting.
more testing is needed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 07:06:53 am »

Yeah the thing I'm having the most trouble with replicating is getting people to congratulate me immediately upon reciting an event to them. That seems to be the most finnicky piece of the equation right now. It's happened once, though, so I know it's possible!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 12:41:42 pm »

Bit of uhh, a weird interaction.

So, I'm holding a sword that my adventurer made via crafting reactions, which I then also named...but its also laying on the ground in a bandit camp. When I picked it up it went to my backpack, disappearing from my hand.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »

That's likely either http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10457 or http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1179.

Also, has no one opened an issue for the revenge of "it was inevitable" yet? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 03:27:48 pm »

Incidentally, where are my rock pedestals being made? There seems to be no option for them at the mason's workshop but the manager gets them done no problem (I assume at the mason's workshop, but haven't caught them at it yet). Carpenter's can just select pedestals in the workshop menu.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 05:55:12 pm »

There's a wiki which keeps track of basic info. Saves people having to ask in forums.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Pedestal
(Craftsdwarf).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 05:58:00 pm »

All this talk about rep got me wondering if it possible to build rep in non violent means?
I know of the entertainment recruitment option, but is it possible to get famous for writing a bunch of good books, or trading alot?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 08:05:51 pm »

I've gotten storyteller fame but that's it.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »

So it seems like people have more personal investment in beast or criminal slayings if they have personally been in a conflict with said entity. For example I just killed an ettin with my companion, then recapped the incident to him (which he had already witnessed, mind you) and I got the appraisal I was looking for. Which is similar to the other time I had success which was when telling my companion of a criminal I attacked whom he had also been in combat with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4