Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released  (Read 71570 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »

Oh, one more update still for 2017?
And nice replies, Shonai_Dweller and then Loci.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »

If I remember it, my friend told me about a certain bug that has not been fixed, I will see if it has and bring it up if not.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »

Hmmm, poking around with dfhack I noticed that regardless of what I do and tell people about, when I check my history.figures[me].info.reputation it remains at -1 unless I do something like turn in a hearthperson type quest or return an artifact.

Even after turning in those quests it still only seems to give fame as a loyal soldier under the permanent fame, though somehow the legendary hero/treasure finder stuff is still spreading around a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »

Hmmm, poking around with dfhack I noticed that regardless of what I do and tell people about, when I check my history.figures[me].info.reputation it remains at -1 unless I do something like turn in a hearthperson type quest or return an artifact.

Even after turning in those quests it still only seems to give fame as a loyal soldier under the permanent fame, though somehow the legendary hero/treasure finder stuff is still spreading around a bit.

Make it official. Report it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »

Make it official. Report it.

It must beeen something specific, as I am getting reputation as a bard and as a killer without doing any quests, just by playing music at places and by killing a night creature.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2017, 03:18:42 pm »

I'm not sure what you are checking (a variable or calling a function), but many types of permanent fame only change when rumors are deleted.  It's calculated dynamically otherwise, on a speaker-by-speaker basis.  Once a rumor goes stale, the temporary reputation is transferred to the permanent pool, and they forget the specifics.  Non-incident linked reputations like loyal soldier are permanent, but saved in the person/entity you are talking to.  I'm not sure what the -1 is.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2017, 09:28:37 pm »

Using gm-editor to dig around, the -1 is an empty entry but I meant nil.

Loyal soldier is the only one that shows up when it used to include the legendary hero/hunter/killer/poet/bard/etc fields too.

Ohhh, it's showing up in the relationships field when I checked after doing a bandit drive off quest they showed 7(friendly) and 17(loyal soldier) under relationships for me, I show 7(friendly) for them, but under reputation for the entity it's only adding the direct 17(loyal soldier) bit, where before it used to track your reputation for other acts with a given entity it doesn't seem to be doing so now.

Science time: if I edit those values (which need names fixed which I'll tell the dfhack folks about shortly) will it do what I expect?

Huzzah, there's the rep!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:24:08 am by Max™ »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2018, 11:45:14 am »

Using gm-editor to dig around, the -1 is an empty entry but I meant nil.

Loyal soldier is the only one that shows up when it used to include the legendary hero/hunter/killer/poet/bard/etc fields too.

Ohhh, it's showing up in the relationships field when I checked after doing a bandit drive off quest they showed 7(friendly) and 17(loyal soldier) under relationships for me, I show 7(friendly) for them, but under reputation for the entity it's only adding the direct 17(loyal soldier) bit, where before it used to track your reputation for other acts with a given entity it doesn't seem to be doing so now.

Science time: if I edit those values (which need names fixed which I'll tell the dfhack folks about shortly) will it do what I expect?

Huzzah, there's the rep!
This sounds like it's related to what I was saying earlier - where opinions are broken but overall rep is working just fine.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2018, 02:25:21 pm »

Okay, in this case my remarks still stand -- the permanent reputation is not expected to change immediate except in cases such as friendly, loyal soldier and trading partner (maybe a few others).  Other reputations are calculated dynamically, sometimes for years.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2018, 07:58:56 pm »

Are spies supposed to arrive in immigrant waves? I have a "peddler" operating under a false name (according to legends). He arrived with a migrant group along with all his family (under their real names). He's actually part of my civ according to legends, so not sure why he needs to be under a false identity. He's also never actually worked as a spy previously if Legends info is complete. Although he did become a "scout" if that's the same thing.

Had decent sword skills, so I put him in the military. He doesn't change to "swordsdwarf" though remaining as "peddler" (which I thought was suspicious, so I checked him out in Legends).

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 08:15:30 pm »

Are spies supposed to arrive in immigrant waves? I have a "peddler" operating under a false name (according to legends). He arrived with a migrant group along with all his family (under their real names). He's actually part of my civ according to legends, so not sure why he needs to be under a false identity. He's also never actually worked as a spy previously if Legends info is complete. Although he did become a "scout" if that's the same thing.

Had decent sword skills, so I put him in the military. He doesn't change to "swordsdwarf" though remaining as "peddler" (which I thought was suspicious, so I checked him out in Legends).
Others have reported this happening, and I think my conjecture stands: The game fails to exclude active spies, native to your civilization, from the pool of eligible migrants. Granted, that doesn't explain the lack of records, but those seem to be borked in other ways, e.g. forgotten beasts masquerading as elves. Regardless, I'd say it merits a Mantis report at this point.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 02:11:08 am »

Others have reported this happening, and I think my conjecture stands: The game fails to exclude active spies, native to your civilization, from the pool of eligible migrants. Granted, that doesn't explain the lack of records, but those seem to be borked in other ways, e.g. forgotten beasts masquerading as elves. Regardless, I'd say it merits a Mantis report at this point.
Done.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 11:43:36 pm »

Okay, in this case my remarks still stand -- the permanent reputation is not expected to change immediate except in cases such as friendly, loyal soldier and trading partner (maybe a few others).  Other reputations are calculated dynamically, sometimes for years.
Hmmm, well it seems that the entity based rep which was being stored is the main thing missing with regards to the "an unknown creature did blah, it was inevitable" reactions people are getting since the personal relationship based fame doesn't spread as rapidly since it's "unit x thinks you're something or other, why should I care?" vs "group x thinks you're something or other, so they might be right" like it was.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:52 am »

Yes! The megabeast pathfinding bug is finally fixed!! :D
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4