Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released  (Read 71568 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03 Released
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 05:50:18 pm »

The stuttering bug was also fixed.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 08:02:39 am »

My word! Displays, museums, secret missions, spies and prophets and oh, my! A lovely start for the year, the perfect Christmas gift. Now I can build that dwarf monastery I have always dreamed of.

What is the general consensus on stability and FPS, with a few patches under the belt? Dwarf Fortress has been very well behaved lately, but it never hurts to ask.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 12:44:55 am »

The next round of bug-fixing has commenced! All hail!

Thank you for this and to Toady One on his bug slaying adventures!

Yes! The megabeast pathfinding bug is finally fixed!! :D

Goood. Will start testing DAIII again in 0.44.04 then.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:53 am »

Yes! The megabeast pathfinding bug is finally fixed!! :D
Great, more megabeasts now! But what exactly was bugged with them?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 05:36:55 am »

They would come to your fort as normal, the problem was that they'd stand on the edge of the map, doing nothing, instead of pathing into your fort properly. The same bug affected FB's and titans as well.

EDIT: Minor thing - companion AI seems to still be a tad borked, and won't join in some fights. Usually seems to happen when I start a fight with someone and the companion is out of my line of sight - they catch up, but then they just end up staring and not doing anything.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:07:43 pm by ZM5 »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 11:44:23 pm »

Well, that's eight bugs fixed thus far. I shan't be surprised if we get 44.04 tomorrow.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 05:12:07 am »

They would come to your fort as normal, the problem was that they'd stand on the edge of the map, doing nothing, instead of pathing into your fort properly. The same bug affected FB's and titans as well.

EDIT: Minor thing - companion AI seems to still be a tad borked, and won't join in some fights. Usually seems to happen when I start a fight with someone and the companion is out of my line of sight - they catch up, but then they just end up staring and not doing anything.

I guess it is from morale issues. Yesterday was attacked by a lot of dingoes while resting - my companions started running and left me being bitten by most of the dingoes unable to stand up and stunned. Luckily I managed to survive and then they came back.

On the other side they aren't respecting yield petitions - every time a bandit yield to me the companions will continue attacking until the bandits are dead or flee (or I leave the area).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2018, 06:42:11 am »

I don't think it was a morale issue, it just seems like they don't recognize the parties involved in the fight.

Like I said, my companion didn't run at all. They were out of the line of sight of both me and the person I was attacking - when the companion caught up, he stood by doing nothing. Wasn't even marked as an "ally".

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2018, 07:50:06 pm »

Current bugfixes (15 of them).

- 0004177: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Designations] Designating removal of ramps highlights unrevealed ramps (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0001518: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Building Construction] When naming burrows, "ESC: Back" appears on screen, but Esc does nothing (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0001027: [Dwarf Mode -- Items] Items tied up by suspended jobs don't have the TSK indicator (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000614: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Cooking and Food] HOTKEY_KITCHEN_* bindings are unused/ignored (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000358: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Designations] Can't carve/mine ice stairways right above stone layer (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000795: [Dwarf Mode -- Stockpiles] If part of a stockpile is inaccessible, barrels/bins don't get placed in succeeding tiles (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000087: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Farming/Farmer's Workshop] If one tile of a farm plot is dry or has the wrong biome, it also prevents the succeeding tiles from getting planted (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010496: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Military Screen] Mercs petition for sanctuary upon returning from missions (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010489: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Civilization List] News/rumor text hidden on world info map screen after scrolling down (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010455: [Adventure Mode -- Crime] Yielding to muggers causes crash (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010452: [Legends Mode -- Historical Figures] DF can lose track of the links between fake and real identities after end of worldgen (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010501: [General] Crash after 5s of loading save (inaccessible minecart) (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010459: [Technical -- General] Game stuttering/freezing every couple of steps (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010388: [Dwarf Mode -- Invasions] HFS/FB/SMB/MB do not path to fortress (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0010373: [Dwarf Mode -- Reclaim] Artifacts in pedestals are duplicated when a fortress is retired (Toady One) - resolved.

Hope we get a release soon, it's looking like the list is filling up. I would personally guess 2-3 days, but if we're lucky maybe even tonight? I'm really looking forward to playing my fort without massive stutter again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:52:14 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 08:13:59 pm »

It looks like Toady fixed the most serious bugs in the new releases then went for the low hanging fruits fixing some very old interface bugs. Very nice.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 09:13:27 pm »

Yeah, probably going to look at companions not helping with fights and a touch of non-speaker "identify yourself!" and maybe a few others, but then I'll release.  I do want to get the stutter fix out there.  2-3 days doesn't sound wrong, maybe a few more if one of those bugs is unexpectedly nasty.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »

The issue with companions may be related to personalities, as the current ones I have are overzealous and will kill anything that moves, even after my opponents yielded.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »

Yeah, probably going to look at companions not helping with fights and a touch of non-speaker "identify yourself!" and maybe a few others, but then I'll release.  I do want to get the stutter fix out there.  2-3 days doesn't sound wrong, maybe a few more if one of those bugs is unexpectedly nasty.
Any chance of the anti-goblin pogroms getting worked out? That would be icing on the cake, I realize, but it is frustrating on older worlds when everyone's started killing each other before you can say hello.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:22:04 pm by Urlance Woolsbane »
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:33 am »

A forest fire tickled my OldGenesis-Ironhandtiles outdoors fort and its wood stockpiles. A glitch happened: negative distances and I guess the amounts went up.
Also, untouched growing trees collapsed a lot when the fire damaged them. Did the collapsing trees generate that many glitched logs?

is reported already: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10026
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:55:40 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2018, 09:46:37 am »

Report it on the tracker: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/
It sounds like a different case of http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4372 - are those logs from collapsed trees?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:52:45 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]