Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer Appearance Customisation  (Read 3024 times)

Assurbanipal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventurer Appearance Customisation
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:59:56 am »

I understand that some (or most, I don't know) like the completely randomised nature of the adventurer's appearance, but personally I would like the option to just fully customise the adventurer using ranges, like when you create a world normally. For example, being able to make him/her really short, really tall, have splayed ears, etc. All the while making a randomised option for those who don't really care or like the randomisation. I don't really know if this is already planned or has been already suggested, but it is just my two cents.
Seizing power? Certainly not. This is simply a normal assumption of the executive office, as laid out in form 32B, on the administration of the Kingdom, whitepaper 48:53-D, on the transfer of power under certain circumstances, as modified by protective clauses 3, 8 and 12b, law 48-9 and edict 3W-4. What is there not to understand? Your majesty has signed all of them.
What do you choose?

A: Kill them. All.
B: Well... yes... Yes this does seem to be all in good order.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Appearance Customisation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 07:00:07 am »

This is already in the game.  ??? ??? ???

Assurbanipal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »

... It is? Full customisation of the adventurer's appearance is already in the game?
Seizing power? Certainly not. This is simply a normal assumption of the executive office, as laid out in form 32B, on the administration of the Kingdom, whitepaper 48:53-D, on the transfer of power under certain circumstances, as modified by protective clauses 3, 8 and 12b, law 48-9 and edict 3W-4. What is there not to understand? Your majesty has signed all of them.
What do you choose?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:49:58 pm »

Not appearance as far as I know, you can keep rerolling until you get one you like but you can't customize it perfectly.  You can customize personality though.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:58:42 am »

Not appearance as far as I know, you can keep rerolling until you get one you like but you can't customize it perfectly.  You can customize personality though.
?? Personality is specifically the thing that you can fully customize. There's a menu where you set sliders to one of five settings for everything from anxiety propensity to selflessness. Then it impacts your needs.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:40:33 am »

i like it :] tho it wouldent be that useful for me cuz i die in like 2 days of adventuring because the first thing i want to do is invade a tower : /
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 04:54:32 am »

i like it :] tho it wouldent be that useful for me cuz i die in like 2 days of adventuring because the first thing i want to do is invade a tower : /

Becoming a vampire makes zombies passive.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 05:10:14 am »

yea but i dont want to take the time to track down a vampire and kill him when everytime i make an adventurer i spawn right next to a tower
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 05:17:08 am »

yea but i dont want to take the time to track down a vampire and kill him when everytime i make an adventurer i spawn right next to a tower

You can topple statues in a temple with "u" to become a vampire.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 03:24:55 pm »

oh ok i knew dwarves could topple statues but i dident know adventurers could

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 12:38:10 am »

Pretty sure vjmdhzgr had once asked for this too. It'd be nice if full appearance customization was in game by default.

However, the workaround is you can do this via modding. You'd just enter the values for the ranges you want in the RAWs prior to starting/loading the game. You can get exactly what you want.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:44:55 am by peasant cretin »

Assurbanipal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 02:52:12 pm »

Pretty sure vjmdhzgr had once asked for this too. It'd be nice if full appearance customization was in game by default.

However, the workaround is you can do this via modding. You'd just enter the values for the ranges you want in the RAWs prior to starting/loading the game. You can get exactly what you want.

The problem with that is that all members of your race will have those values. Meaning that every human, or elf, or dwarf, or goblin etc will look the exact same. That is unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
What do you choose?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 09:18:15 pm »

The problem with that is that all members of your race will have those values. Meaning that every human, or elf, or dwarf, or goblin etc will look the exact same. That is unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

Unless you do this: Change raws, start adventurer, change them back. All infants born in those two weeks before the game starts will have the same appearance, but that's acceptable losses.

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 12:12:27 am »

I support this suggestion, make it like the personality customization where your civs default values get marked, only it would be default appearance.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 10:35:24 am »

I support this suggestion as well.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.
Pages: [1] 2