Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where is the Space thread?  (Read 230 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Where is the Space thread?
« on: January 07, 2024, 07:27:34 am »

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about space stuff not too long ago, but searching discovered nothing, and manually looking just got me lost in about a dozen full pages of Scoops Novel threads...

But shouldn't it be possible to accurately measure the average tenperature of the Earth by using an infrared camera based on the moon?  Because of vast amount of remote regions, an IR sensor on the moon seems like it would be more precise than averaging a bunch of surface probes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the Space thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 08:02:54 am »

Wasnt it removed for repeated rules violations?  People having surprisingly strong opinions about general relativity?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 08:49:21 am »

Odd, can't find it either. Could have sworn I saw it not too long ago.
Hard to imagine the sciency space thread being locked, let alone removed entirely.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 08:56:38 am »

It's. Right here? Was only like two or three pages back, last post was two or three weeks ago. Hasn't been deleted or locked or anything at the moment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.