Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 89702 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 03:13:55 pm »

ALSO it's so sad seeing folks just go x_x without any reason. 1-11! Felicia! Probably Chairon! I forgot how to spell his name! (Oscar is a jeeerk and Cio's ex!)
Don't forget Cat Master!
He's alive and less wounded than Chairon as far as I've seen in the last page linked up there (which is the last page until now?). Although the cat did go with Charon...I lost where he was before the dynamite exploded.

That said, those are some pretty ominous dungeons. I wonder how the defenders were fed and supplied though.
There's a frame near the end of the current comics where you can see Cat Master defending the entrance to a labyrinth hallway with at least one cat in it.  He's taken off his shirt and you can see a cat next to it; the four armed blue guy is Cat Master.

I'm looking at the priests and I can't tell if some of the are human.  I think the priests from the labyrinth aren't; we've been told pale devils aren't the weakest, and even the ones with possibly human skin tones do have faces that look sort of like masks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 04:10:49 pm »

How much would that even be relevant, anyway? There's critters in this thing with books for heads, iirc. The exact level of import facial features have might not be exactly high :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 04:44:20 pm »

I caught up.

What do?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 05:35:29 pm »

How much would that even be relevant, anyway? There's critters in this thing with books for heads, iirc. The exact level of import facial features have might not be exactly high :P
Cause all the devils have masks.  Also because if the pale faced priests aren't wearing masks, they look pretty much human.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »

The highest ranked priests of the count are born and live in yre, never seeing the outside world. It is an infinite fortress, so I assume they have places to grow food.
Also, pretty sure all the priests are human or servants (you can see a few of the "good people" dressed in priest garb in the panel where yabalchoath's body is brought before the heretics court.) Every devil we've seen clearly has a mask of one of the colors. Ebons seem to work a little differently but you'll know one when you see it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 10:15:39 pm »

Thank you for introducing me to this. It is fantastic!

Now I'm all caught up, though. Always kind of a happy/sad feeling when I do that on a webcomic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 08:32:39 am »

Hahaaa! :D Go Allison! DESTRUCTION OF "I", or in modern terms, assimilation of the ego! Balance those psychodynamic forces! Control the means of phenomenon! Personalize your state! Reach wholesomeness through understanding. KILL THE SELF THAT IS CALLED "I".
Because literally everything written is in high-mythical/fantasy writing, with a lot of wording made to the violent world around it. Where "Kill" can be not literal as is. Or y'know, spear Incubus with Zeus ZOSS' LIGHTNING!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:36:27 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 03:00:41 pm »

Why not both?
I've been taking Incubis's word for it when he said the white-haired Alison is "power". Which means that now Alison is embracing both her newfound power and the rest of her life. Metaphyically literally.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »

Incubis' mistake was showing Alison his slutty secretary self. Now she knows that she too can dominate the dangerous parts of her mind as a solution to these sorts of problems.

I think the serious symbolic commentary here is on the futile nature of victory through violence. The Wheel has been conquered and reconquered however many times, and ever still is it nothing but the same stagnancy. The angels are extreme losers who become ever more committed to the simple solution of the thorns, a solution they can't actually carry out. The devils can only become actualized beings through literally entering into the human social contract. YIS and UN warred for years to the effect of absolutely nothing, but created the universe in mere hours of sex.

The "violent self" is necessary but cannot be allowed to rule, for it is inherently useless in nature. To attain royalty, the violent self must be swallowed whole and made a tool, not a leader. This is the nature of Zoss' disappointment - one ruled by their violent self is little more than an animal, no matter what success is gained by that animal. A different path must be taken.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:42:13 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 02:08:00 am »

Reach heaven through smoochin'.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 03:23:59 am »

Incubis' mistake was showing Alison his slutty secretary self. Now she knows that she too can dominate the dangerous parts of her mind as a solution to these sorts of problems.
Was that a mistake or a test, though? I'm not sure we really know Incubus' endgame or where Alison fits in yet. It's perfectly possible that Incubus may have some intent behind determining if Alison can actually take control of her will to power on her own, where simply telling her the answer wouldn't have given her that same drive to succeed.

Also, posting to watch.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 05:49:34 am »

At this point, I'm honestly not convinced that Incubus is an antagonist.

If nothing else, he seems to take running his empire more seriously than the others.  And even if his name (plus being one of the seven) would seem to imply he's going to betray her... he does seem to notice Alison as a person rather than a piece of meat with a key in her head.  Which would seem to imply a slightly less condescending attitude towards mortals.

I don't know enough about him to hazard a guess to his motivations.  Obviously given his name it wouldn't be exactly a plot twist if he were to betray Allison.  And even then, "betrayal" is kind of overselling it since Allison never asked for his help in the first place; their friendship is pretty "one-sided".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 05:55:31 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2018, 11:19:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67