Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 90616 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 03:16:49 am »

I find little comfort in amiable dragons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 06:47:25 am »

Fortunately, fragments of God's own power don't have any smell.
Now I wonder if Cio's problem waaaay back then was purely because Mammon could see ._.
Quite the amiable forgetful fellow, that one. To visitors.

...There must've been a way in like a blaring gilded neon entrance hall, to Mammon's court that DIDN'T have to go through rooms of death and destruction then! :D

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:28 am »

Mammon is just pitiful as people guessed, in the end. Such is the fate of all pretenders to Royalty.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 12:31:39 pm »

Fortunately, fragments of God's own power don't have any smell.
Now I wonder if Cio's problem waaaay back then was purely because Mammon could see ._.
Quite the amiable forgetful fellow, that one. To visitors.

...There must've been a way in like a blaring gilded neon entrance hall, to Mammon's court that DIDN'T have to go through rooms of death and destruction then! :D
I wonder what the priests of the count think that their god barely cares about the count any more.

One thing that I find entertaining about Cio's fall, is that Cio, who was taken down by angels, is the one to tell us that the only thing that can beat an angel is another angel.  Whereas our introduction to 82 was a gangster trying to off her with a club.  And 82's first response to hearing Allison has a key is to assume that Allison is in a whole different league power wise.  Clearly Cio has a healthy respect for the knights concordant that the rest of the multiverse lacks.

Her partner, who doesn't even have a key, definitely isn't afraid of angels.  Or at least pretended not to be.  I wonder if his contempt for angels is because he's a criminal, or because they killed his old partner.  For all that he puts on a tough face, he certainly seems sentimental when it comes to Cio.

Personally I think Cio was right and 82 is unstoppable.  The only thing we've seen that ever beat 82 when they/she was fighting back was another angel with a sneak attack, and then 82 pretty handily trounced that one at a later date.  Hope we get to see 82 go up against something real powerful later, IMO she doesn't know her own strength.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:03 pm »

Well, you forgot about 6 Juggernaut slapping her around casually, and by extension we can assume if Auntie Maya was serious enough she could put a hurting on most any angel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 01:49:07 pm »

I think our humble beggar knight could kill just about anyone short of the 7.  Thorn knights, well, they are angels.  6 Juggernaut is presumably one of the most powerful considering the name (and being the "voice" of the thorn knights, with most of the others being unable to speak).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:55:47 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 01:54:38 pm »

Also remembered Mottom straight up went "nope" and chucked 82 out of the battle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:58 pm »

I think our humble beggar knight could kill just about anyone short of the 7.
I honestly think she COULD go up against the 7 and win, at least individually. She just chooses not to. Recall how Incubus's fancy sword army used to be hers, before she left and became a drunk beggar.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:23 pm »

No doubt he was once a ruthless bastard, given that he won the war and rules a seventh of the universe. But now he just seems senile and confused.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 04:48:44 pm »

Probably more likely that he bankrolled and schemed his way through the war than actually fought it. Also one hell of a Dungeon Master according to the comic. Infinite fractal rooms indeed.

And yeah, he does seem rather pathetic now compared to how powerful he is supposed to be.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:21 am »

Might be assuming that since she’s there and the labyrinth was never breached by thiefs that he knows of he’s sure she’s been let in by the priest

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 10:01:56 am »

You know, one thing confuses me a bit, princess jack daniels yadda yadda (formerly a powerful ebon devil) somehow wills himself from blue to red. Why doesn't that happen more, like Cio could have done it though she chooses not to, and nowhere.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »

You know, one thing confuses me a bit, princess jack daniels yadda yadda (formerly a powerful ebon devil) somehow wills himself from blue to red. Why doesn't that happen more, like Cio could have done it though she chooses not to, and nowhere.
I don't think that's normal?  Princess him(?) self seemed to think that he was trapped in a pitiful blue form until Allison chose to release him.

Maybe he literally remembered his own name?  Knowing the secret names of Yisun is what gives the keys powers (presumably actually knowing the names causes your brain to explode and that's why they need the keys).  Names seem to have power in this universe.  Or maybe its a Gurren Laggan spiral energy thing and as beings of chaos demons can do whatever they want if they're determined enough.  I dunno.  You're right that it doesn't seem consistent.  I think our friendly neighborhood ebon was someone truly terrifying in the past.

What confuses me is how many people made comments like "welp, guess I'm not straight after all" after seeing the demon with eyes sticking out of its chest and stomach.  Like yeah, 20 foot tall buff dude not wearing clothes, sure.  But there are some places eyes should not be.  Gaze into the six pack and the six pack gazes also

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 01:57:16 pm »

Basically, you seem to need an exceptional outburst of emotional power/desire to ranking up, as well as the ability to ditch your own names and eventually (for the final transition) find your own true name.  I would hazard a guess and suggest that just imposing names doesn't work unless you're actually binding a demon into a weaker form, since the one imposing the name needs to have power over the demon.  This is also why many demons simply trick humans into releasing part of their names.  In turn, that suggests that self-actualization is important for a demon ranking up through their own force of will: exerting power over the self to realize one's potential, to put it crudely.  For Princess Jack, I think it's likely easier since it's a route they've already fought for before; the memory of that time is mentioned when they go red.  For most demons, I suspect it's simply that they don't have that level of self-control.  For Cio in particular, though, her rather serious personal hangups keep holding her back from advancing beyond the blue...

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:08:01 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67