Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 28816 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #405 on: January 21, 2018, 02:57:03 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap trades an act to Typheus in exchange for the Ice Act.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 21, 2018, 03:36:53 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap trades an act to Typheus in exchange for the Ice Act.
Typheus does so and edits his previous action.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 25, 2018, 06:47:17 pm »

Seeing the courts of druids, Julius decides to make his own addition. He spends one nature act to found two courts- one of Spring, and one of Autumn. They will the responsible for their respective seasons, and will watch over them. The nature act will imbue them further toward that natural state.

"Acter, I trust your help will come soon?

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 25, 2018, 07:06:38 pm »

But of course.

1 Act: make the Circle of Balance, a Circle of the most powerful druids who keep watch over the Spring and Autumn Circles and maintain a balance of power between them. These are the people who decide when a given Spring druid can "graduate" to the Circle of Autumn, among other things. It is headed by Julius's first prophet.
1 Act: bring in Julop. He's part of the Circle of Balance.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2018, 12:16:26 pm »

*Acter pokes reality, trying to wake it up.*

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2018, 06:53:06 am »

*poking to query*
So, keys to the crystal city. Those were made to allow us to modify the city, right?
Could we use that to make statues of ourselves that can communicate with the people there?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 21, 2018, 01:34:09 am »

Compendium of Stuff

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Famous Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powerful Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:37:12 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2018, 02:25:16 am »

Oh right! If you have any complaint or correction to make, just create an entry using the template.

Code: [Select]
Name:
Description:
Traits:

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2018, 02:38:31 am »

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powerful Entities (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2018, 08:27:56 am »

It's a bit difficult for me to do the template at the moment, but I can make a handful of suggestions.

First, Troonar Government, which contains virtually all Sciro, most of the Incilatro, and numerous Aedabs, Duris, and Boroi had probably about Greek or Roman-age technology, worships the Troonar Pantheon of myself, Julius, Rexilium, and Aedan, values scientific and logical thinking, and handles all conflicts by manner of debate. It's leaders include Xikla, Cekh, Mygar, and Sturo.

The "Drakelings", as you called them, are formally called Wyrms if I recall correctly.

And finally, there's the life-based magic that Julius, Aedan, Rexilium, and I set up. Give me a moment to pull it up.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2018, 08:29:25 am »

It's a bit difficult for me to do the template at the moment, but I can make a handful of suggestions.

First, Troonar Government, which contains virtually all Sciro, most of the Incilatro, and numerous Aedabs, Duris, and Boroi had probably about Greek or Roman-age technology, worships the Troonar Pantheon of myself, Julius, Rexilium, and Aedan, values scientific and logical thinking, and handles all conflicts by manner of debate. It's leaders include Xikla, Cekh, Mygar, and Sturo.

The "Drakelings", as you called them, are formally called Wyrms if I recall correctly.

And finally, there's the life-based magic that Julius, Aedan, Rexilium, and I set up. Give me a moment to pull it up.

For one Life act and one Normal act along with one normal act from Acter and Aedan each, Julius creates a magic system incorporating ideas from all four of the Troonar gods, as described below. In addition, for a minor act, a few copies of a dictionary/instructional text appears in the Great library on how to read, write, speak, and cast the languages. For a normal act, all heroes and prophets of the troonar "pantheon" receive knowledge of the system. Any acts that are given to me by the troonar "Pantheon" will go toward this magic system if they wish so.

The magic system is based around the idea that the existence of life (Any life, regardless of race, eldritchness, strangeness, or otherwise. Note: This counts Carociber as a jungle.) in an area slowly generates magical power, inundating the area. Thus, wasteland would be removed from magical energy, while jungles would have great amounts. More magical power is generated by more complex creatures & their thoughts, culminating in mortal being generating the most per organism, and then increasing with thought complexity, in a scale rather like this: Plants < Simple Animals < Intelligent Animals < Average Mortal < Educated Mortal (Scholar/Tactician, etc.). Due to mental strain on mortals from their increased power, extended use of magic can cause erratic behavior or increased eccentricity, though no real madness- unless a caster went mad beforehand, of course. Magic is cast through the speaking of words, in a bizarre language that incorporates many incantations of varying rulesets to cast, with plenty of exceptions to rules. There is an alternate runic written language that can channel magic in a more permanent way, in characters that, while similar to the spoken incantations, uses different rules and different exceptions that do not always correlate with the spoken language. There is a less complex runic and spoken language, in contrast to the previous, more formal one. It is more suited to day to day life, and is nonmagical, being used as the language of study that one can write in without the accidental summoning of a demon. When used by mortals (ie, not unintentional minor castings by plants or animals), life experiences can make it simpler or stronger to use particular spells- like how a botanist might be inclined towards druidism or a scholar would be able to stay awake longer studying. This effect applies to an extent, to reasonably intelligent animals, that, while incapable of incanting, can send magical signals into their area at a much weaker level. For example, a doctor who as treated his or her dog kindly might make people in the area heal scrapes a bit faster.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 22, 2018, 02:38:32 am »

"Gathering information about the creations of the world left me tired and weary. I am open to adding new entries to the Compendium, as long as they follow the template."
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]