Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - GAME OVER  (Read 44618 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - Turn 8, Winter 1952
« Reply #330 on: February 23, 2018, 10:55:30 am »

Would it be illegal to poison their water with heavy metals?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:11 pm »

One future proposal I have is for the incorporation of rockets into more prevalant parts of our society; Trains.

By technicality, Trains use rails as their primary form of locomotion, not wheels. By adding rocket boosters to the back of our trains and either building special underground tunnels for htem or long-range "traditional" railways above ground, it becomes possible to rapidly move infantry, goods and other equipment in speeds and capacity unparalleled.

Quote from: A possible future excerpt
Day and night, the RailWay is always on time. Always.  In a matter of hours, a rocket-Train can go straight from our home city to the borderlands of the war in mere hours. In the tunnels, the maintenance workers must wear ear protection, as the tunnels scream for twenty four hours a day as the Trains are always on the move. the echoes from their fiery movement have the scintillating effect of echoing through the entire tunnel, and you can feel the pressure waves of one leaving, or god help you, passing by. If you are trapped in a tunnel with a rocket in operation, the pressure will slowly mount as it come closer, and the corrosive smell of expelled rocket propellant burns.. It's roar gets louder, until your ears pop. Then, you may see the train. The little black spot in between a ring of burning light and fire, and it will not stop. Enemy soldiers have tried. Bureaucracy has tried. Even little animals and birds, somehow getting into the tunnels themselves have tried. You weren't the first one to try , won't be the last

Either the real, first pressure wave of a first hand witness of a rocket detonating its fuel will kill you, bursting your lungs, popping your eyes, and destroying your already shattered ear drums, or the impact of a a million pounds of steel as it pulps your corpse, rips it to shreds and then throws your desiccated corpse under itself as a little bump and keeps going; The rocket exhaust will then sterilize and cremate your corpse, and you will not exist.

For the Trains are always on time, never mind the derailings, the deaths, or the obstacles.

As much as the Tokeshians like to deny, they do sometimes derail. Sometimes the tunnel collapses. Sometimes  the rail melted and the trains rockets were propelling it on bare ground. Sometimes, the train is simply meant to be destroyed.

Little Tank Engines, fit with tiny rockets will come, and they will gently shove the debris down the way to the end of the line as it scrapes across the hull of the Tunnel, workers replace the broken plates broken from the crash, and remove any mutilated bits as they move to the end of the line, and push the metal hulk to the end. When the pile of metal meets the scrap-yards, the survivors are saved, The Three or four survivors of a fifty man train survive.

Do you ever hear of the rumors of the Tokeshian Rocket Engines?

The roaring cylinders that leave this Earth, head up into the sky, and cause a de-railing accident in Aratam lines, mere hours later. A Rocket-Train, derailed in the enemy front lines, so far away from a tunnel that it has no business being there.

Truly, the Trains are always on time.
Aratam Rail-works Saboteur #32

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2018, 12:09:47 pm »

Or we could just use normal trains. Or hovertrains. Or Maglevs.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:03 pm »

Future proposition
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén"
Our engineers finally came up with an original idea for a walker type unit.
This four legged walker looks a bit like a centaur as it has four legs but also a torso with two arms. In the chest region of the walker you find a cockpit with a pilot's seat as well as two seats for the soldiers responsible for controlling the arms. The left arm is strongly reeinforced and flat and its entire arm is like a mobile shield able to withhold enemy machine gun fire. It can be lowered to give our footsoldiers the ability to take cover behind it. Its other arm is equipped with a durable metal piece shaped like a hammer. It can quickly strike out as the arm is outfitted with hydraulics and flexible spring coil mechanisms. With it the hammer pilot can strike into defended positions to crush and scatter the enemy's troops.
Its four legs have intricate hydraulic systems to have control over the overall setup of its legs. While the walker can walk quite formidably it actually excells its true potential when it uses proper leg modifications to leap forward. It is possible to reach distances of fifty to a hundred meters under the right circumstances while leaping in such a manner. It is powered by the latest engines and can easily protect its legs with a proper shield arm positioning.
Over the cockpit you have an inscription in mandarin: "Fear the Leaping Frog" "害怕跳跃的青蛙"
"Hàipà tiàoyuè de qīngwā"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2018, 12:15:20 pm »

Yeah because maglevs are going to be really easy to develop when I don't even know if have integrated circuit based technology, hell I don't even know our nation has access to transistor based electronics.

Also don't hovertrains and maglevs while neat, can't really be weaponized because you have to built both tracks, but advanced tracks with magnets and whatnot. I guess it can provide transportation points?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2018, 12:17:42 pm »

Yeah because maglevs are going to be really easy to develop when I don't even know if have integrated circuit based technology, hell I don't even know our nation has access to transistor based electronics.

Also don't hovertrains and maglevs while neat, can't really be weaponized because you have to built both tracks, but advanced tracks with magnets and whatnot. I guess it can provide transportation points?
Our radio's use vacuum tubes, last I checked.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2018, 12:26:22 pm »

Rocket Trains can progress into rockets that we can launch into a suborbital trejectory that would do one full orbit of the planet before landing on something important.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2018, 12:46:07 pm »

I LIKE LIGHTER MORE EFFECTIVE HELICOPTERS BUT I LIKE FIREWORKS, REVISION DIFFICULT.

Quote from: Revision Votebox
Xuá-Zhí 'Kèzhì' Update (Cheaper + Better Running Helicopter): (1) SC
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén
Xi-52 Yīfānfēngshùn Artillery Rocket: (1) SC
Red and Blue rocket bodies

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:38 pm »

Voting for rocket artillery because it is good, but I wish we didn't add so many tubes to it. It will probably add more oil cost which will increase the expense level, so we'll actually end up with fewer rockets, not more.

Also voting for Red+Blue rockets because its versatile and cool, although risky due to difficulty.

Xuá-Zhí 'Kèzhì' Update (Cheaper + Better Running Helicopter): (1) SC
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén
Xi-52 Yīfānfēngshùn Artillery Rocket: (2) SC, Pavellius
Red and Blue rocket bodies (1): Pavellius

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 23, 2018, 12:58:48 pm »

Xuá-Zhí 'Kèzhì' Update (Cheaper + Better Running Helicopter): (2) SC, detoxicated
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2018, 02:20:49 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Xuá-Zhí 'Kèzhì' Update (Cheaper + Better Running Helicopter): (3) SC, detoxicated, Doomblade
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén

I share the concerns on increasing magazine size. If the size were to remain unchanged, I would change my vote.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2018, 02:29:46 pm »

Xuá-Zhí 'Kèzhì' Update (Cheaper + Better Running Helicopter): (3) SC, detoxicated, Doomblade
Leaping Frog "Chuí rén
Xi-52 Yīfānfēngshùn Artillery Rocket: (3) SC, Pavellius, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:21 pm »

Leaping Frog "Chuí rén
Red and Blue rocket bodies

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2018, 02:32:31 pm »

Leaping Frog "Chuí rén
Xi-52 Yīfānfēngshùn Artillery Rocket: (3) SC, Pavellius, Taricus
Fixed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2018, 03:10:42 pm »

The Huànguān Support Carrier Ship (SCS)

Our design team started by upgrading our ship designs with our new gas turbine, with the goal of achieving more speed (Dogbiter) and more efficient fuel consumption (Yāngē). From there on, we can proceed to the design on hand.

We have removed all of the artillery from the Yāngē, save for the MRRL in the center and a bow new 105 mm turret that we hope to retrofit into our ships and Hexapod. Additionally, we have expanded the deck to the sides, in order to augment as much as we can the space available, tripling the deck space in free surface. While this made the form of the ship very odd and quite unstable, external support pillars were added. While vulnerable to enemy attacks and pretty ugly, it is the only way available to field  as many helicopters as we can in the sea, in order to successfully defend ourselves from their motor boats. The ships are also provided with an inflatable ramp in order to deploy engine-waterproofed Qui-Chu´s as landing ships.

The space taken by the old gun munitions has been filled with fuel for our crafts, in order for them to refuel at the ship when needed.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41