Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make tool wearable like a ring?  (Read 868 times)

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make tool wearable like a ring?
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:35:48 pm »

[ITEM_TOOL:LAMP_P]
[NAME:pocket lamp:pocket lamps]
[VALUE:5]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:12]
[SIZE:40]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make tool wearable like a ring?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:30:25 am »

I am certain that is not possible without another object as a summary, least in the tools directory as rings etc aren't defined in the item_ categories and are hardcoded. Opening a seperate suggestion thread for a item_accessory esque or asking for it as a request after offering a donation may serve your needs better as to get it currently into the game. I can only really apologise that I don't have any ready solutions out of the modding resources to help you

How exactly were you planning on using the lamp? Though there might yet be some ways you could use or adapt this object, especially with scripts run by DFhack.
- Miners lamp headtorch - attached to a crude metal helmet, when worn DFhack adjusts the units darksight allowing them to see units in the darkness.

- A role-playing piece of furniture, when combined with item storage you could put streetlamps (or just regular lamps) etc around and put candle objects within explicitly, adding it into a reaction so that other civs don't try to use it in world generation actually for storage and it remains a fortress only thing.

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STREETLAMP]
[NAME:pedestal:pedestals]
[VALUE:10]
[METAL_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:DISPLAY_OBJECT]
[FURNITURE]
[TILE:] // insert whatever tile reference you want here
[SIZE:] // insert size, for comparison a pedestal is 500 and display cabinet is 1000
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]

- A lamp/torch or a weapon that using DFhack, sets people on fire when it bluntly strikes someone.
Though these are just a matter of modding suggestions you would require either personal knowledge of scripts to achieve the effect or the helpful support of the modding community here and in the discord (and anywhere else for that matter) there are plenty of other ways to implement what you had in mind with the existing tools.