Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dreams you've had about Dwarf Fortress  (Read 941 times)

EoyaBosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dreams you've had about Dwarf Fortress
« on: January 02, 2018, 08:52:21 am »

I was playing fortress mode, and I discovered a way for the dwarves to get through the walls into the black unexplored tiles beyond. They could walk around in the unexplored tiles as though it was open space. There, they found some of the mineral fields from the original Starcraft, and started mining them and bringing bits back into the fortress.

I was playing adventure mode. I was walking through a swamp, in the rain. Suddenly, I was attacked by a gaggle of undead geese from the south. I ran northwards, while firing my crossbow back at them. There wasn't any interface or sense of inputting commands; I just thought "attack this goose next" and a little crossbow bolt flew out towards that one. Unfortunately, I was too slow and there were too many of them. They swarmed around me and killed me.

Go on, I know I can't be the only one to have dreamt about DF.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams you've had about Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:03:51 am »

I was playing fortress mode, and I discovered a way for the dwarves to get through the walls into the black unexplored tiles beyond. They could walk around in the unexplored tiles as though it was open space. There, they found some of the mineral fields from the original Starcraft, and started mining them and bringing bits back into the fortress.

Nice crossover. I had a dream where my dorfs broke into the evolution simulator Gridworld in a similar fashion. Then they got stung to death.

Another dream I had was about me looking at the post-mythgen legends screen and seeing weird stuff like "in 468, the slade man <forgot the name> attacked Urist Earthdied the dwarf with a Blend spell, ripping Urist's right upper leg off." It was interesting.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:12:50 pm »

I had a dream where I fell into an ASCII pond, and beat up a carp, and then drowned. I have never woken up so confused

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:24:11 am »

They always involve my dwarves embarking on a beyond terrifying biome on top of massive caverns/hidden ruins that are almost hollow Earth in size that make Berserk or Dark Souls look like a sunny meadow.
One of the earliest dreams I've had of DF involved a dragon melting a lot of dwarves in hallways

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:34:33 am »

Another dream I had was about me looking at the post-mythgen legends screen and seeing weird stuff like "in 468, the slade man <forgot the name> attacked Urist Earthdied the dwarf with a Blend spell, ripping Urist's right upper leg off." It was interesting.

The best part about this dream is that things like this will inevitably be able to actually happen in mythgen from time to time. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.