Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd Map Parameters  (Read 572 times)

ptlans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd Map Parameters
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:30:35 am »

Does anyone have a set of parameters (that work) for generating maps in size between small and medium?
Or just ones that are odd in some way rectangular maps instead of square, on or two surface biomes, etc.

I'm trying to come up with an interesting map that I'd like to use for a bloodline game with my brother(s) and I'd like the map to contain as much content as possible without being so massive that it can't be used.

Every time I fiddle with the advanced settings I never seem to get a result just loads of rejected maps.
Emen Ognób Mádkik Öntak
Nazush Ur Mádkik Nil
Anil Ognób Mádkik Ziril
Tarem Ur Mádkik Zuntîr

Dust Mek zňlug Armok

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Map Parameters
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:10:48 am »

DF natively supports dimensions of (2**X + 1, 2**Y + 1), where X and Y can be 4-8 (i.e. 17, 33, 65, 129, and 257). The X and Y dimensions do not have to be the same, and you can get them set to different values in the advance world gen parameters. It's possible to generate worlds with dimensions outside of the standard values, but DF isn't entirely happy with those.
Personally I use PSV worlds with the dimensions 33 * 129, because 129 is the smallest one allowing all biomes to be present (I could also make it 17 * 129).