Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A sea of problems, annoying bug  (Read 1178 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
A sea of problems, annoying bug
« on: June 02, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »

Hey there,
So I was finally ready to explore the world around my fort so I closed of every possible entrance of water after fixing my water problem with floodgates at every corner as well as generating a world that has no aquifers.
I decided to go to my fort for sightseeing when I got introduced with a sea of problems:

https://imgur.com/a/v5fQ4LZ

What Happened I might have asked, so I decided to go to retire my adventurer and resume control for damage control.
anyway jokes aside I was EXTRA careful when dealing with water and as you can see from the image I did a few errors before but fixed them with flood gates.
it appeared that we have a magician in my fort creating water out of every wall imaginable, I know that this fortress is close to the sea but every wall was put in place to prevent the aquifers regardless, I dont know if playing on a land that does not have aquifers normally will change anything because the aquifers were disabled on the world anyway and the water levels as you can clearly see from the image were closed from their respective sources with the help of flood gates.
I googled the problem and I only found one link even when I didnt look for it before this was a problem on the bug report site, but all the other links I found were of people not being able to control the water pressures which I should have avoided from guides I looked online before handling this beast of a force.
Also I noticed when I generated a world with no aquifers, started as an adventurer and made a fort the world was full with aquifers all of a sudden, honestly this 9 in game years fort with legendary dwarfs of all kind tons of gold and books is too young to die like this D=.
also as long as I am in fort mode this does not happen.

fishboyliam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A sea of problems, annoying bug
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:51:10 pm »

What kind of biome are you in? Are all the layers below the highest aquifer that you know of? Perhaps could we get a save?

Also, unrelated, what graphics set is that? I want to look into it.