Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trees..  (Read 2115 times)

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trees..
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:52:42 pm »

Hello  would have thought this has been discussed but i couldn't see anything when i glanced at a board search.

With all the wonderful options available in DF Masterwork, is there a way I can re-activate the old 3d multi z lvl trees from vanilla. It's the only thing i can't get used to..

I thought the 'simple trees' check in the launcher might do the trick but it seems that just increases the different species from trees. They are all still only 1 tile and provide only 1 wood.

Many thanks

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trees..
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:34 pm »

The multi-level trees are present in the current edition, V1.30 (43.05). Since you state the trees as being only 1 level tall and providing only 1 wood, I can deduce that you are using the Legacy edition (34.11). Simply update the game version in the download links and it will be fixed. To prove it, here is a picture taken from the current V1.30 (43.05) where I am running a Succubus fort. Below you can see Nightmares, Orthus', Decay Brutes, some Fire Imps, a Nahash and even a Succubus itself, Plus note the "3d" trees. This is using Obsidian Soul textures and Ironhand colors

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:24:27 pm »

Thank for the reply. I thought i was using the new version (n00b). :)

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:35:51 am »

no problem boss

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 10:00:29 am »

Old masterwork is better anyways  :P

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 12:57:16 am »

I agree. gnomes and warlocks FTW.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »

I would love to see Hivemind Wasps at least upgraded to the current version, since their heavy dependcies on wood. But since it was discontinued I am sad to say that they won't see any more action.

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »

I would love to see Hivemind Wasps at least upgraded to the current version, since their heavy dependcies on wood. But since it was discontinued I am sad to say that they won't see any more action.
i was talikg to someone invoved with that on Discord. they still have the sorce code and were taling about making it more functional or posably updating it.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 10:38:26 pm »

Source code... You mean the files available to download here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147995.0?

If someone were willing to teach me how to make new fortress civs, I'd totally remake the Hivemind Wasps for the current version. I have always had a few images in mind for the different castes.
Soldier:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drone:

Worker:

And of course, the Queen:

But again, my only problem would be learning to create an entire civ to bring back the Wasps. maybe name it something else to not infringe on creative law crap.

EDIT: After initial testing, it seems that the Wasp files from the above download are working on the current DF. Wierd. Pulpers are going just fine, cement shop working fine. I haven't been able to test the makeown.lua tho so i dunno how breeding will work, if it does.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:13:08 am by Brutaka001 »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 02:28:11 pm »

Makeown has been buggy for awhile.  May have adverse affects.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »

Source code... You mean the files available to download here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147995.0?

If someone were willing to teach me how to make new fortress civs, I'd totally remake the Hivemind Wasps for the current version. I have always had a few images in mind for the different castes.
Soldier:

Drone:

Worker:

And of course, the Queen:

But again, my only problem would be learning to create an entire civ to bring back the Wasps. maybe name it something else to not infringe on creative law crap.

EDIT: After initial testing, it seems that the Wasp files from the above download are working on the current DF. Wierd. Pulpers are going just fine, cement shop working fine. I haven't been able to test the makeown.lua tho so i dunno how breeding will work, if it does.

The person I talked to indicated there were some features that werent released but I dont know.