Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GUI building placement bug?  (Read 1248 times)

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GUI building placement bug?
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:30:31 pm »

I am LOVING masterwork so far (just a year into my first game with dwarves).

One bug i notice with the interface is the building templates don't show whilst choosing the area in which to place a building.

For example a bridge - when i select bridge from the menu and try to select its size, the flashing template doesn't show up or shows up in a different place - not under the cursor - and they don't move with the cursor either This makes placing things like bridges and farm plots very difficult because i have to more or less guesstimate where to put them - and count the number of times i press umkh to select the size. It usually goes wrong.

Am i doing something wrong?

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GUI building placement bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:50:44 am »

Probably: yes, you're doing something wrong. This problem has never been reported before and it really sounds strange. Are you by chance trying to place it with your mouse?   ;D
Honestly I can't really immagine what your problem might be. If you can't find a solution i suggest posting a screenshot. Someone will eventually figure it out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »

Sounds like either the building-plan plugin is on, or the mouse interferes, possibly due to an active mousequery plugin from dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »

I am trying to place the cursor with my mouse yes. That works fine in regular DF but in Masterwork it seems to be buggy.

I'm playing with default settings i think. Any idea where i should look to tr yo fix this? (it could be something in the masterwork launcher settings?)

Thanks for the replies

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 08:30:31 am »

I have never tried to place buildings with my mouse in this or previous additions. Until you find something to fix, it might just be much simpler to use you arrows like us peasants lol.