Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tracers from THC  (Read 3009 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Tracers from THC
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:27:40 am »

So i've smoked a bit before with friends and what not, but the other night I was visiting an old friend down in austin and i took a dab off of his rig, and holy shit.

Is it common to get tracers when just smoking dabs?  I feel like it shouldn't be.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Tracers from THC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:39:40 am »

Probably skirting forum guidelines but oh well what the hell, chances are it's legal where you live (and where Toady lives, for that matter)
Dab rigs tend to be more intense than if you're smoking joints or doing regular bong hits. Weed is a psychedelic (not the same thing as a hallucigen) so if you're not used to it you might experience tracers.
Did you take LSD or mushrooms beforehand? Cannabis and psychedelics tend to amplify each other.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:31:44 am »

Probably skirting forum guidelines but oh well what the hell, chances are it's legal where you live (and where Toady lives, for that matter)
Dab rigs tend to be more intense than if you're smoking joints or doing regular bong hits. Weed is a psychedelic (not the same thing as a hallucigen) so if you're not used to it you might experience tracers.
Did you take LSD or mushrooms beforehand? Cannabis and psychedelics tend to amplify each other.

No, nothing else. Iv'e smoked before and thought I had a little bit of tolerance, but i've had nothing like this before. Iv'e even done dabs before (out of a pen, not a rig) and was fine. I don't think it was cut with anything because other people smoking the same stuff and were fine, but i was just totally gone. Iv'e really never had anything like it before.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:58:39 pm »

I don't know about dabs but I've smoked weed pretty much my whole teen and adult life.

Based on your experience level with it, how high you got, tracers are not unlikely. THC is a psychoactive substance after all. But you also can't control what goes in to your weed, especially the more "exotic" it gets. There possibly could have been a low dose of something else in it.

When I started (as in, first couple years of smoking weed) I had experiences that now, as an adult, I no longer have. Tolerance, or the quality of product I've been consuming? Hard to say. Just be mindful with your drugs. If something doesn't feel right or doesn't track with your previous experiences, don't ignore that observation. If the shit you get from this bunch keeps giving you experiences outside the norm you experience elsewhere, consider their weed may be, uh, "seasoned" with some other stuff.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 04:54:41 am »

I've smoked weed for 25 years now. In the beginning, sometimes the weed could hit hard, like, made me need to lie down and pass out. Maybe even puked once or twice (although most likely that was the combination with alcohol to blame). But that was only like, during the first few months of irregular smoking, before tolerance set in. I've never had any tracers or other psychadelic experience with weed. Weed shouldn't do that, unless you consume it in REALLY massive quantities, like eating a whole spacecake that was meant to feed the entire party (you swine! :D ). I've never experienced that, not even after a lot of spacecake, but I know people who have.

You shouldn't be getting tracers from just a dab hit (even though that can be stronger, and of different effect than a joint or bong), unless you are either really intolerant to weed, in which case I would advise against using it, or that weed was laced with something else. Which would be odd, considering you said the other people smoking with you were fine.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »

I say it's totally possible to get those from dabs, depending on quality, mass and equipment you could fit about 20-50 bong hits in there without coughing your lungs out. Smoking can never be comparable to eating: you metabolize all of it in a much faster way. I've had perverse doses per ingestion but that resulted in more length, not more intensity.

unless you are either really intolerant to weed

I wouldn't NECESSARELY say that, I've seen extreme cases and you would not believe how psychotic or hungover you can get if you're really intolerant. Tough I've seen people tilt way later than expected too... But be careful in any case, even if it's just particularly pleasant you're still exposed to more of a risk; tough there clearly is worse than being high for the rest of your life, so long as you can afford it....   8)

If something doesn't feel right or doesn't track with your previous experiences, don't ignore that observation.

That's exactly it, I know I could coke myself into a severe psychosis, hence I don't do that. Just be mindful, if you're able to tell, able to feel the visceral effect of advertisment and other brain manipulations, without having it overwhelm you, you're able to be a "responsible" addict, which is essentially the same than a high-functional depression, so totally okay. Excuse my cynicism but I'm not going to sugarcoat it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:51:09 pm by dragdeler »
let