Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (INTO THE BIG BLACK)  (Read 6488 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

| OOC |

A door opens into the white room. From a corridor, more dimly lit by orange strip lights, a human in black laminated armor emerges, followed by a similarly-colored security robot. They begin to usher in a train of prisoners, each wearing a yellow garment appropriate to their bodies (where possible), and line them up against the wall. "Please remain facing forward," hums the robot.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:51:37 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (START)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:12:36 pm »

You know Cascadia standing at 6ft2 with short wavy platinum white hair and rather...clearly purple eyes. The one with an angular face and friendly eyes meant to deceive. The one who had been hiding a small smirk as she thought in the back of her mind what she was going to do once she finally got out of here.

Once she succeeded. Small hands opening and closing dexterous and nimble. Her back slightly slouched meant to make her look more friendly. More trustworthy overall she was trying to appear friendly appear clearly wrongly convicted and she was but standing tall would just convince them more.

She was facing the robot purple eyes staring quietly. A mumble coming from her mouth. Her voice deep warm and friendly sounding.

Her hair hiding her eyes after a moment. Swaying lightly from her movement.

"I've already told you twelve time's I'm innocent."

She had been insistent adamant about this and had never stopped saying she was innocent. The whole time she had been detained.

The twelve times mentioned here were to these guards in the room. It was likely she wasn't convincing anyone of such a thing. But it was very obvious if this was a lie she was committed to it.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:46:02 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:41:50 pm »

Spar Ki of The Thread Rider

Spar's ears perked up with interest as he was lead into the room. This was different, different could be good. Prison was so boring. So provided it wasn't something too unpleasant a change of routine would be welcome.

The Giant woman ahead of him was protesting her innocence yet again.
She seemed to do that a lot. If she were a Martlon he would think that was suspicious, but these humans were crazy, so maybe she was innocent. Or it could be her crime wasn't anything he'd think was wrong. After all if they thought it was possible to steal from a shipwreck then what other bizarre notions might they hold.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 01:35:06 am »

Theta-rho 348 beeps

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:09:06 am »

Lilith Hartmeißner

A pair of innocent eyes immediately found themselves drawn toward the rust bucket towering ominously silent over everyone's heads. Her superiority complex kicked in at once.
"Disappointing! I hope you have a new one coming," she commented.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:47:19 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 07:22:53 am »

The security robot swivels towards the armored human. "Is this what you call 'sexual harassment?' " it intones at low volume.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:35 am »

V'ralis, alias Blue Shadow

The suspicious R'talis in a nearby wheeled aquarium listens in to the scene for a while, then starts rapidly typing into their speech synthesizer. The voice, though rather artificial, is customized to sound like the protagonist of a recent movie about historical spies: a posh, snide male voice with a British accent to it.

"Darling, claiming innocence isn't going to do you anything at this point. I, myself, am most definitely guilty."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:10 pm »

Sebastian Burrell

The man standing quietly at the end of the row grins briefly at the robot's distress before his face settles back into a slight frown, as if deep in thought. He stands perfectly still, in a position the guards - and probably also, he reflected, some of his fellow convicts - would recognise as 'at ease'. The only motion visible is of his eyes, which appear to study each of his companions closely before, having finished their sweep of the room, staring straight forward at the opposite wall. Whatever his thoughts are, he keeps them to himself for the moment.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:44:19 pm »

Seven walks in with uncomfortable looking gait and lies down near the wall. He scratches at the orange paint on his limbs as he faces forward. His eyes glow red when he speaks, the brightness of the light matching the intonations of his deep electronic voice.

"Is this gonna take long? I want to back to sleep."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 09:39:07 pm »

Though the monitors stapled to their exoskeletons displayed neutral emoticons, the two Kiric lean forward as they watch the scene on the wall monitor. "And these are all the beings deemed appropriate for our mission?"

"Given the parameters you provided," nods the prison officer, a human with an implanted visor. "And the pool eligible for the program at this time. You understand why we wouldn't transmit full details of our prisoners, I hope."

The two aliens turn to each other and exchanged a series of gurgling noises. "Very well. You can identify them for us, please?"

He nods. "The quadruped there, it calls itself 'Seven.' A synthetic combat unit from an unknown civilization.

"Combat unit? It has integrated weapons?"

"And how. Arrested for the murder of dozens on a fringe rock called Baldur Terminal. When picked up, it seemed to have no memory of what happened, and it's  been compliant and pretty much dormant since we've held it. But its offensive systems are no joke."

The Kiric gurgle to each other again. "The adult human there?"

"Sebastian Burrell. Trained as a soldier and an officer under a now defunct Insubordinate Power. Pretty high in their chain, if record serves, though after their collapse he turned to piracy. Got a lot of military experience, both space and planetside, political experience too. Slippery, by all accounts. A bit of a Mindweaver, too."

"And the R'talis there?"

"Name of V'ralis. A rather accomplished Mindweaver-"

Something like '.' appears on their monitors. "Genuinely? We had heard rumors..."

"Yes. I understand this one's a bit of a celebrity in R'talis space. He is at your disposal. And as previously discussed, no need to worry about him turning his abilities against you."

They gurgle to each other again. "The small human?"

"Lilith Hartmeizner. Bit of a weirdo, that one. Hijacked a malfunctioning space colony and turned it into an uncontrolled automated harvester. Wrecked a valuable eco-moon. Got quite a knack for machines and programs, particularly drones."

"Excellent. And the talkative one?"

"Cascadia Alentrussel The Third. Daughter of a minor spacecraft mogul. She's got a real way with people, in a predatory fashion. And that's without counting her Mindweaving. Pretty scary, if you ask me. Not a bad ground pilot, either, if her rampage in an exoskeleton is anything to go by."

"You sure she is properly motivated to assist our endeavor?"

"Leave that to us. Now, the big guy there. Combat synth."

"A second one?"

"Yes. Earthling construction, though. Blackvoid PMC. Turned to larceny after SolFed no longer needed his services. Good at operations in space and onboard, built like a wall, and yet still one of the stealthiest combat operators you'll find. Got a good understanding of his own internal workings and electronics in general."

"What is that small creature?"

"A Martlon. This one known as Spar Ki of The Thread Rider. Comes from a traditional society of space scavengers. Quite a capable engineer and technician. Not what I'd call 'galactically-aware,' or your best combatant, but I'd say he could get a ship that'd been through a coronal flare to come back online. Can take pretty much anything apart, too."

The two take another few moments to survey the lineup of prisoners, and the text blocks that flared up around the bottom of the monitor. "We believe their talents will be more than adequate for us. Though the concentration of Mindweavers is concerning. You mentioned a safeguard?"

"Of course. Allow us to demonstrate..."

About a minute after all 7 prisoners were lined up in the featureless white room, a door slides open from the side opposite their entrance. Through it steps a dark-skinned human woman, 5'9" in height, wearing the standard grey uniform of SolFed, her black hair tucked up beneath an officer's cap. She stands with her hands clasped behind her back, eyes slightly narrowed as she casts them up and down the line exactly twice. The human guard stands to attention.

"Listen up. I am Major Ada Kazemi. And I will be your parole officer."

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:27 pm »

In his excitement at hearing the word parole, Spar spoke without thinking.
"Does that mean your finally letting me go back to my family?"

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 11:46:38 pm »

Seven stops scratching at his legs and tilts his head.

"When can I get these motion restraints off?"

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:29 am »

beeps

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:31 am »

Out of self-interest dear Cascadia began to think.

What could she get out of acting her usual fake kindhearted self here? Sympathy perhaps a lowered guard if necessary...she needed to think how she would be able to counter these people as well.

In her opinion, they were more dangerous them her. Say what you want about her? But out of everyone here, she was sure she was the only innocent and the people who had died in the spaceport had all been collateral in the fight. Closing her eyes platinum hair being brushed aside she donned her usual mask.

Friendly and kindhearted timid in tone a soft smile crossing her face.

"I have to agree with...the small cute being! Parole sounds rather nice even if I should not have to serve it. "
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:51:13 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 02:57:14 am »

Lilith raised her hand as high as she could, her twisted orange mass of hair unraveling past her shoulder.
"Not so fast! Parole means we all have to get jobs and no more free food for Lilith. Oh, and we might have to kill some things." she said as she twitched toward the robo-dog beside her.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7