Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (INTO THE BIG BLACK)  (Read 6609 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (START)
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 06:27:03 pm »

Seven growls as her arms reach out and some of his armor plates start to retract but seem to be stuck. He makes no motions to either stop her or move away.
"What are you doing?"

"Oh no! Lilith got it wrong!"

She tries to scratch under Seven's chin instead.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 07:09:57 pm »

Listening to the description of the Mindkill made Spar distinctly uncomfortable. Something designed to kill, and so thoroughly. What if it malfunctioned? 
But every day he was stuck here it was getting harder to find his family, and besides the way the Major was speaking they might not have much choice about excepting this "parole".

short burst of static noise
He turned his head to look at the robot in confusion. It was obviously of human manufacture, and holding it in prison suggested it was sapient.
So why din't it have a vocal synthesizer? Maybe it was just choosing not to speak.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:05 pm »

Seven's growling turns into a faint purring sound as she scratches under his chin. His armor plates relax and move into their normal place as he raises his head and leans into the scratches.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 10:01:08 am »

The open...revulsion and anger across Cascadia's normally sickly sweet countenance would be hard to not see. The way her eyes light on the major threatening like a tool like something that was a stain. The anger the rage at even hearing such a thing would be implanted in her?

It took a few moments for every muscle to relax. For her face to come into a strained twitching smile. Voice coming out warm and shaking. Hands shaking blood boiling.

This was not going her way.

That was unacceptable...too many things had been unacceptable.

"Well now! That's just swell! Major Ada, hopefully, you do not choke on your next meal that would be simply dreadful."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:52 pm »

The major's eyes flash blue for a moment. "Indeed." She raises the box. "Now. You may feel a slight discomfort."

She goes to each prisoner in turn, swiping the box across their bodies near the center of mass. Those with a sense of touch experience a slight cold spread through their bodies.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 02:39:56 pm »

Spar shivered as the Major marked him for potential death, but he tried to remain cheerful.

"So now that we've finished with that unpleasantness, what's this job we're supposed to be doing?"   

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

Series of static bursts and beeping following some pattern

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 11:44:40 pm »

"The ones who have leased your services require a team to investigate a finding of great archeological interest. You can hear more on specifics when you meet them. However, the site you'll be investigating is within the Central region."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 03:31:26 am »

"Mmmmmmm..." Lilith moans. "What if something happens along the way? When we get there?! Lilith wants to know!"

It was more-or-less an obvious excuse for impatience, but when a special task force is assembled almost entirely out of former prisoners, confidentiality can't be the chief concern.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2018, 04:18:56 am »

"It's going to be good, darling. I don't know what, but it's going to be good. I can feel it, and it'll be worth all this indignity."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 07:31:27 pm »

"Was this a First site? It would be a notable accomplishment to salvage something from them... If we survive."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 08:49:19 am »

Cascadia for her part does not massively complain. It's clear that by the look in her eyes as that deadly thing is done to her that she is not very happy. But she is not screaming her head off and her arms are just crossed across her chest. Partly because she wanted a simple question to be answered.

"When am I getting some of my stuff back Miss Ada?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:18 pm »

Burrell nods slowly, his obvious discomfort at the application of the mindkill gradually fading from sight as he starts to process this new information. When he speaks his voice is all practicality.
"What, may I ask, are the terms of this 'parole'? Other than, I assume, to obey you and our employers."
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:51 am »

"As I said, you'll be briefed further when you meet your new employers. Now, follow me."

Cascadia for her part does not massively complain. It's clear that by the look in her eyes as that deadly thing is done to her that she is not very happy. But she is not screaming her head off and her arms are just crossed across her chest. Partly because she wanted a simple question to be answered.

"When am I getting some of my stuff back Miss Ada?"

"Soon."

Major Ada leads the prisoners out of the room and down a series of corridors, boarding first an elevator and then a tram. After riding along the gentle interior curve of the prison's superstructure, the tram emerges into a cavernous docking bay, the track hugging along the wall. A lattice supporting various machinery lights the whole area with harsh white from above, while various colored guidelines shine from the floor. Those looking out the left-hand windows see below large, blocky four-legged cargo robots hard at work.They seem to be loading up a ship through one of the docking ports, one of them carrying an exosuit of some kind held fast to a metal pallet. It has a clear, ovoid body and six slim limbs. The tram slows as it slides parallel to this loading zone, before detaching from the rail. A wheeled arm reaches out from its side and engages with the wall off the side, gently carrying the tram to the floor below.

As the doors slide open, Major Ada and the two guards rise. Another guard, looking like a man-sized mantis wearing the standard black laminate armor, approaches. "We'll be meeting with them aboard their ship. Your possessions are being loaded as we speak, and you may retrieve them from the hold once you've been briefed."

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 06:36:48 pm »

Spar hops out of his seat.
"Let's go. It will be good to be back out in space."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7