Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (INTO THE BIG BLACK)  (Read 6490 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Errant Space - Adventures in a turbulent galaxy (INTO THE BIG BLACK)
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2018, 10:46:30 pm »

"You should defer to the Kirics, but you're the most skilled engineer here."
When he heard this Spar became visibly excited. "Well, I better get to work then. If I'm going to be the engineer, then I'll have to familiarize myself with the ship."

"Well, darling, you seem like someone used to coercing people to do what you want. Let's say there was some schmuck who we needed to scare, but you couldn't be around for it. I could look into your mind for your techniques and use them myself. This would sadly keep you from accessing those memories yourself for... maybe two hours, or until I return them. That would be useful, however, if we needed an attacker to suddenly forget how to aim a gun."
That last part indeed implies that consent isn't strictly necessary.
"I can't say I like the idea of someone poking around inside my head. I suppose telepathic communication is all right as long as your only reading the thought meant for you. And I can see how borrowing skills could be useful in an emergency, but the thought of loosing them when you do is rather unsettling even if it's only for a couple hours. So I guess the answer there is to ask and I'll decide on a case by case basis."

Spar looked over at the android. That sounded like a binary data burst. He would have to try making a translator so he could understand the robot.

Updated plans:
    -Retrieve and check personal equipment.
    -Build binary to speech translator.
    -Give the ship a through maintenance check. 

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2018, 10:43:45 am »

Burrell nods. "Case by case works for me as well. Though you said you could do it even if we were not present - just how far can your abilities reach? And what else can you do, for that matter? I'd rather not risk life and limb doing something you could sort out with a click of your fingers, as at were."
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2018, 11:22:20 am »

"In the simplest of terms, I can affect people's memories. Read them. Delete them. Modify them. That includes my own memories, and I know a powerful trick indeed: remembering the future. I won't go too far into the specifics, but I know when I'm on the right track to success."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]