Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prophet or a priest  (Read 1567 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Prophet or a priest
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:54 am »

I’ve read that there are some sorts of religious activity now with monks, priests and prophets - can you actually become one?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Prophet or a priest
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:48:15 am »

Yes, depending on how you define become. You can pose as one with the new cover identity mechanic (a prophet identity even opens up some fun new dialogue options), though actually joining an existing religion is currently impossible in the game.

Also only the monks and prophets are new, priests have been in the game for quite a few years as far as I know (maybe you're confusing them with pilgrims, which are another new religious caste).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:55:07 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:40:51 am »

I see, would posing as a prophet offer any benefits?

And yes, it seems I have indeed confused priests with pilgrims. Silly me.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 12:14:00 pm »

I'm unaware of any particular gameplay benefits to choosing a prophet identity over any other profession, but being able to spout prophecies in the middle of conversation is just fun. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:32:24 pm »

I'm unaware of any particular gameplay benefits to choosing a prophet identity over any other profession, but being able to spout prophecies in the middle of conversation is just fun. :P

Sounds cool, thanks!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 07:54:18 am »

I’ve read that there are some sorts of religious activity now with monks, priests and prophets - can you actually become one?

You can pretend to be one.