Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

The Vault: A Succession Fortress (Restarting the Turn list, please sign up)

(1/11) > >>

TheImmortalRyukan:
Welcome to the Vault
In the year 299, the King of the Magical Crypts ordered for the construction of a sealed Vault.
His claim was that in doing so, no matter what befell the Dwarven Kingdoms and peoples, dwarves would always live on.
So, in the early Spring of the year 300, 7 dwarves were sent out to begin construction of their King's dream.
They were given 5 years to build the vault and seal themselves off from the outside world for all eternity.
So begins the story of Stonelock: The Fiery Vault

Spoiler: The World as it Stood before the sealing (click to show/hide)
Welcome to the newest Succession fortress. The goal is clear, our King has ordered us to delve a secure Vault in this Volcano. This is no easy task to begin with, but we have a mere 5 years to do it.

RULES
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
* Standard 1 year turns with one week to finish. Extensions can be asked for.
* The Vault must be completed under 5 years.
* The vault must be completely surrounded by magma and can be held up only by single columns.
* Once sealed, the Vault must be submerged under magma and will never surface again.
* There is no specified Pop Cap, but keep a watchful eye just in case the pop outgrows the food.
* Dorfing requests are allowed and RPing is encouraged.
GOALS
* Maintain a self sustaining society in the vault. Exploits ARE allowed.
* Once sealed, we must try to survive as long as we can with limited resources. Quantum Stockpiling isn't just allowed, it's necessary.
* Have the first baby born after the Sealing be raised to adulthood, never seeing the outside of the Vault
Rulers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)The Five Builders
* Ryukan
* DolosusDoleus
* auzewasright
* JStheguy
* The Sealed Rulers
Table of Contents
The first five to sign up will be responsible for building and supplying the Vault, the rest are responsible for keeping order in the Vault. Will we make it one year or 100? We won't know till we die.

Strike the Earth!

TheImmortalRyukan:
Dorfing Requests

* Glass
* Doubloon-Seven
* DolosusDoleus
* Gurth
* Auze
* JStheguy
* [Rockeater

Glass:
o/ I'd like to request a dwarfing as one Jack Spades, expert cramped-space farmer.

Doubloon-Seven:
Could I get Dorfed? This looks pretty cool.

TheImmortalRyukan:
Journal of Ryukan, 14th of Granite 300
   His majesty, in all of his splendor and wisdom, has seen it fit to build a vault to safeguard the dwarven race against the ravages of this world. I, being the most experienced (and also not being married or having any real ties that would get in the way) was chosen to lead 6 other dwarves and begin construction. We are far enough away that Goblins will not be an issue, but we must keep on guard for other nasties.

On the slopes of a volcano is where our Lake of Magma will be, we will use the natural magma of the volcano to fill up the basin where the fort will be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   With our royal budget, we managed to procur enough supplies to where we can mainly focus on digging for the time being.

We also procured a few animals to keep up with a balanced diet. I chose chickens because they needn't eat anything and would make the perfect livestock for the Vault. Cats and Dogs help with moral and cats keep the pests down.

The 7 of us constitute the scouting party, we will recieve more Dwarves over the years to help with our efforts. We have 2 miners, a Carpenter, a Mason, 2 Farmers, and me the Leader.

The name of our new Fortress and Group seemed rather easy enough.

Spoiler: Fort name (click to show/hide)Spoiler: Group Name (click to show/hide)Spoiler: Group Symbol (click to show/hide)
   After many days of travelling, we arrived at our volcano. It rises far into the sky and promises a great place for a secret Dwarf Society. Tho I hear Grizzly Bears might be a problem for us early on...

Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)
I will update you once we get some temporary lodgings set up and work has commenced on the Vault itself.

----------------------------------------------------
Any preferences of your dorfings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version