Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Vault: A Succession Fortress (Restarting the Turn list, please sign up)  (Read 7833 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault: A Succession Fortress
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 12:05:10 am »

Once the vault is constructed, what rules will there be for anyone playing after those 5 years?

Stay alive. Roleplay what it is like living in a bunker. growing up without ever seeing outside.

also, I'm moving, hence my lack of activity on the forums in the past few weeks. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but once I get settles and a job is found, I will continue this.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 06:30:09 am »

Sign me up for a turn then, provided it won't take too long to get round to said turn

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 09:16:35 am »

The hope for us is that we manage to get an aquifer stone in the bunker so water isn't an issue. The current map is a volcano with a few aquifers dotting the map. The Vault doesn't have to be a nice shape, although it'd make the lava pit easier to build, to those who are in the build stage, try to get an aquifer stone in the vault.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 11:00:57 am »

Okie doke, well, this was not what I hoped. I will ask you guys now to redo your commitments. Its been so long that I have no doubt alot of your situations have changed. So I am clearing the turn list and now that all my crap is done, I am starting this for real now.

So post if you want a turn again please.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

I can take a turn.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm still on board.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW.  I'm going to play around to see what vault design I can come up with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Am I still being dorfed? Because I would like to still be dorfed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I get dorfed only? 

I am playing around my own as the technical game play is quite interesting.  Without worry too much on military, makes me think of scholarly and social traits of the dwarfs. 

I'm kinda interested too if the Fallout mod can be used in some way.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

Is the vault going to be inside a Volcano ?
OR
Do we have to drain magma and flood whatever aboveground structure we have ? Building some kind of container for the magma to not sweep away.
OR
The two options at the same time :P

Volcano seems so much more dwarfier IMO.

EDIT : Misread OP. There WILL be a volcano :P
But it doesn't prevent to expand some outposts elsewhere.
Artificially dug lakes surrounded by magma, eventually connecting to the volcano via horizontal pipes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:57:04 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not want to hi-jack/derail this awesome idea/fort, so I created a reddit post post of the idea and more input feedback. 

But then I played it some more last night, progress to this.

TLDR: The Plan. Cut a cylinder portion of the earth 51-wide tiles diameter; where 3/4 mountain collapses into 1 z-level to retain red sand; and 1/4 has the surface collapses down 10z below to serve as "outdoor" inside the vault (or Garden of Eden Creation Kit G.E.C.K.)

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not want to hi-jack/derail this awesome idea/fort, so I created a reddit post post of the idea and more input feedback. 

TLDR: The Plan. Cut a cylinder portion of the earth 51-wide tiles diameter; where 3/4 mountain collapses into 1 z-level to retain red sand; and 1/4 has the surface collapses down 10z below to serve as "outdoor" inside the vault (or Garden of Eden Creation Kit G.E.C.K.)
Jesus Christ, will that even work?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Jesus Christ, will that even work?

I plan on simply clearing an area and getting a good solid industrial base set, its up to the next 4 to get it built.

Edit: Turn list updated, and be prepared: an actual update be coming.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:23:28 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Journal of Ryukan, 1st of Limestone 300

We began this new season here by surveying the land more closely. The geography seems to create a natural bowl shape into the ground just north of our base camp, which makes our job a bit easier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A problem presents itself almost immediately however. If we were to drill into the volcano to fill up the bowl, even if we built walls connectng the mountains and filling the gaps, the top of the volcano towers over every other peak in the area and the pressure would overflow the surrounding land. It would cause much damage and also inflict heavy toll upon the mystical FPS.

Spoiler: Artist rendition (click to show/hide)

As I contemplated this for a few days, I recieved word that our little expedition had been discovered by a Kobald scout just north of the wood stockpile, and while we chased it away, it will no doubt tell its brethren about us.

After that incedent, the next few days went by slowly as we continued felling the forest around the site and mining out the temporary basecamp. Then I was told that a group of dwarves had come, sent by the King himself to complement our workforce and boost early productivity, and was informed that one last Royal Company was to expected in the autumn.

With the extra hands, we managed to get started with digging away at the ground and soon we had marked the top layer of the magma reservoir and the miners began to channel away.

After what felt like a lifetime, the winds began to change and the trees had begun to turn into their rich colors. Autumn had come at last.

I have also come up with a solution to our problem. First, we'll have to build a Tower on the North West corner as the peak there is far lower than the walls, so we'll artificially extend it upward.

To counter the overflow problem, I have decided to simply place a tap on the volcano. We'll make it several Urists long and place a flood gate at the end. We'll use Fortifications to pierce the Magma pipe and then we'll simply pull the lever to shut it off. Using the might of Dwarven technological advancement, the lever will be wireless and inside the Vault itself.... though I hope no one forgets what it does....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4