Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Dwarf.  (Read 501 times)

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Dwarf.
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:41:02 am »

I had a dwarf arrive in my latest migration wave, a wood burner. In the process of entering the fort, she managed to get into an argument with another migrant, went berserk, and started a brawl. I'm not sure if I need to put her in isolation or draft her into the military and watch the !!Fun!! that ensues once she gets her hands on steel arms and armor.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Dwarf.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:51:00 am »

If she went literally berserk, you can't put her in the military, and she'll soon be ganged up on by the civilians.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:58:52 am »

If she went literally berserk, you can't put her in the military, and she'll soon be ganged up on by the civilians.

Not berserk as in insane. She simply flew into a blind rage and started brawling within five seconds of entering the map. There have been no further outbursts thus far, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

Dozeb˘m Lolumzalýs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:58:46 am »

Precision of language! "Berserk" is a specific term meaning a form of permanent violent insanity. I recommend avoiding any other use of the term.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: SalvanÚ Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
http://i64.tinypic.com/10mq1ok.jpg