Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Armageddon Squadron  (Read 2261 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Armageddon Squadron
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 02:25:04 pm »

Fire two Sidewinders at each Free-Furler. Continuing boosting towards the PRIME TARGET. Open fire with both Moras Pounders at the Grav Plate of the PRIME TARGET.

"Bravo 2.0 is moving to assist Tanooki. Combat Vectors are being transferred to allow for coordinated assault"

Spoiler: Bravo 2.0 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:38:23 pm by Kashyyk »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 03:45:52 pm »

When you say " fighters going to cover the mothership" you say our fighters or the enemy?

--Cover protocol 102--
"Enemy retreating to protect it's mothership, start to cover squad in pursuit of [prime_goal]"

Follow our allies on it's rush to the [prime_goal]

Inspect [target_001] if hostile or unkown origins throw both sidewinder on it

Maintain distance between allies and [target_001] use harness on any possible enemy that might approach my allies, cover till arriving in [prime_goal]

Use spare time to understand what a trans_dimensional computer is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:27 pm »

Is this still open for new players?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 04:28:53 pm »

Is this still open for new players?
I don't see why not. There might be a rotation between characters as they die or between missions, though. In the meantime, maybe you could make a sheet now, and get in sooner.

Fire the Moras at the Grav Plate consistently by alternatively resting each of them for cool down, while circling the Grav Plate. Determine if the nanorobots would be effective against it.
Spoiler: Tanooki (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 07:11:17 pm »

Turn:004 The Armagedden Bombing

Armageddon Squadron closes in for the killing blow, while countless Frames are ripped apart in the intense dogfights. Casualties are mounting, almost faster then the fabricators can keep up.

New Animus (Players) are allowed to join and decompose at any time during the fleet engagements.

OCEAN SOUL

Fire the Moras at the Grav Plate consistently by alternatively resting each of them for cool down, while circling the Grav Plate. Determine if the nanorobots would be effective against it.

The Magazines of the Three Moras MG's quickly lighten up as dozens of rounds are sent down range. At first, the Grav Plates Entropic Shield holds, but the high explosive munitions overwhelm the localized field generator somewhat, and the plate is slightly scorched. Before your able to finish your second run,the heavy strain on your coolant puts you into danger heat for your weapons. They will presumably cool down enough for a light burst next turn unless damage occurs.

Two Point Defense lasers abruptly turn from shooting down missiles and turns towards your craft, and although the turrets have scorched holes into your hull, your ship is still flying at an optimal capacity.
There are only two options you can commit to the Freight Container, you can either activate the explosive detachment bolts, or you can open the crate itself. You have no idea whats in the crate, and it might actually be possible that something else entirely is in the crate, it's a complete mystery if the manifest is correct.
The Ticking is still going steadily.

You significant shrapnel enters into your immediate area from the surrounding fighting.

Spoiler: Tanooki (click to show/hide)

TOPHAT

Yes. this is still open for new players. Fill in the character sheet as well as the three questions, and you have the option of doing an action before or during your launch (ask the commanders something, request something, detonate your own battery, etc.)

Omada

Yes, the enemy fighters (NOT battleframes/DRONES) are retreating to their mothership, the BattleCruiser/ enemy space ship. We deploy Battle Frames and on occasion War-Frames. Fighters are either remotely operated or manned, either way, Fighters are the term for enemy craft. battleframes are piloted by Animus systems and are usually deployed by the Mothership.

Follow our allies on it's rush to the [prime_goal]

Inspect [target_001] if hostile or unknown origins throw both sidewinders on it

Maintain distance between allies and [target_001] use harness on any possible enemy that might approach my allies, cover till arriving in [prime_goal]

Use spare time to understand what a trans_dimensional computer is

Rushing over to the Primary objective, you shoot off your two Sid-Winders, which commit to their deadly dance, slamming into the enemy Free-Furler. A third explosion, a signature of ad detonated magazine result in a smoking husk, that speeds off. The Derelict is no longer a target.

You easily maneuver around the deadly shrapnel flying around. A Trans-dimensional computer is a system that uses different sets of realities to perform advanced computing. Essentially a drone brain connected to the rest of the frame by a couple wires through a portal. You don't have too many details other than the fact that it is lighter and smaller than an equivalent Adv. Silicon computer.

As you de-accelerate, you enter the range of the enemy battle-Cruisers point defense batteries, and you immediately recieve a target lock by a missile battery. Your entire targeting radar is overwhelmed by a scourge of Micro-Missiles, in the upper dozens and possibly low hundreds. Survival chance is low, and they will collide in the next Turn unless you weasel your way out. Pieces of shrapnel from the surrounding dog fights rips into your frame, but only minorly damage structural integrity.

Spoiler: Malik Sci (click to show/hide)

KASHYYK

Fire two Sidewinders at each Free-Furler. Continuing boosting towards the PRIME TARGET. Open fire with both Moras Pounders at the Grav Plate of the PRIME TARGET.

Each Missile rack fires one missile after the other, and althought he autoloader isnt designed for multiple firings in one action, Nothing managed to grind itself apart this time, but you very much doubt that the weapon will ever fire another missile again without a re-haul. Just before the missiles strike target one, it explodes as another Battle-Frame had intervened. The wreck is sent flying off into another direction.

The other craft barely dodges both missiles, and in the time for the side-winders to arc towards its aft, It fires off a burst of Magnesium proppelled projectiles. It misses by a wide margin, although you had to focus on dodging it. Just before the craft breaks off, the side-winders crash into its aft and the shrapnel pierces into several critical areas, sending it forward as its fuel, magazines, and its battery detonates. A shotguns worth of shrapnel is headed your way and combined with the general areas already metal-filled area

...Miraculously, not a single shard of metal hits you. Somehow, you feel as if the odds against that was a 2.7% of happening, and you just barely made it. Furthermore, those insanely lucky actions you have committed has resulted in a distinct shift in your programming, one that is briefly noticed by Battle-Net. Your processing hardware goes to overdrive as each and every part and software is looked over. The Battery almost gives out in this brief time, but Battle-Net has adjusted your rank. You are now an Arch, You have been promoted from Cog. Mercifully, Battle-Net releases its gaze, and your systems begin stabilizing.

Just in time for you to get off a single 10 round burst with your MOras, before having to cease fire and bank from hitting the ships, Entropic Shields.

Spoiler: BRAVO 2.0 (click to show/hide)

ROBOSON DRIFTS, THEY HAVE NOT ACTED THIS TURN.

The damaged Grav plate begins acting eratically, Be on hte look out for gravitational anomalies!
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 08:20:17 pm »

---Field study of cover effectiveness 0001A------

Move backwards and let some missiles detonate on the debris

Scan bigger ones to serve as cover

If possible, fire Mag-harness to make the missiles condense in a smaller point, preferably in front of my following "barricade"

Even with the Mora non-functional try to let the missile lose so the enemy ammo be wasted on it, with luck some missiles will hit my missile and it will explode, with a lot of luck it will screw the enemy lock-on tech

If bigger debris found, use mag-harness to go faster on it's direction

Preparing route to rush toward enemy hull in 3...2...1...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:03:51 am by omada »
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 09:40:30 pm »

Just to clarify, a Mag harness was originally designed to fling a Ripper mining vessel towards an asteroid. Although it could attract objects ot yourself, it is designed to fling you to the object.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 06:01:08 am »

Oh, so I am going to edit my action.
Novice english wordsmith

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 07:42:45 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Fly straight towards my comrades and the objective.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:24 am »

Waiting on the minimum three players to post before I continue. I'll probably run them  just to be helpful.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 09:01:43 am »

"Bravo 2.0 will not initiate Aggro-Acquisition protocols. Stand by to maximise opportunity"

Move close to the [Prime Target], at the limit of the Gravity field. Strafe sideways, up and down to reduce chance of hits, open fire on target with both Moras'

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 01:35:45 pm »

Turn:005 The Ace
Just as the tide sets on the enemy ship, The Dread Ace Pilot Gabe Doros! Armed with A set of Phase-Lasers, They are a trained and deadly pilot with an absurd degree of luck, Beware!

Battle-Net has declared hte Pilot as a secondary Target.

OMADA

Move backwards and let some missiles detonate on the debris

Scan bigger ones to serve as cover

If possible, fire Mag-harness to make the missiles condense in a smaller point, preferably in front of my following "barricade"

Even with the Mora non-functional try to let the missile lose so the enemy ammo be wasted on it, with luck some missiles will hit my missile and it will explode, with a lot of luck it will screw the enemy lock-on tech

If bigger debris found, use mag-harness to go faster on it's direction

Activating your magnetic harness, You attempt to disable the missile squadron while using backwards vaneer thrusters ot clear an entire anti-fighter squadrons worth of missiles.

Over two dozen missiles slam into your hull before your ANimus Projector finishes ejecting you.

The Experience of being ripped apart was not kind, but only minor damage to your Ego was sustained.

Before your conscious fully attunes to the situation at hand, You are already loaded into a Mk. II General Platform, still heated from the Flash Forging process and sent out. There seems ot be a manufacturing error though, as instead of being equipped with a Sidewinders, What appears to be a giant inner shell that pings itself as "LEAD BALL OF DOOM" is attached as part of the missile load out.
It weighs an astronomical amount, and your engines barely accelerate once you are grav-catapulted by an express lane.

Quote from:  Mk. II "LEADWEIGHT"
St. Battery(Magnetic)
St. Thrusters/Manuvering (Cold Gas, Overwhelmed)
St. Computer Network (Adv. Silicon)
Moras Pounder Machine Gun x 2 [200][200] (Magnesium Propellant, High explosive Munition)
"LEAD BALL OF DOOM X2 (Innert Cannonball, Of doom)

Spoiler: Malk Sci (click to show/hide)

TOPHAT

Fly straight towards my comrades and the objective.

Veneer thrusters pushed to their logical limit as you are ejected into space by the mag-Rails. Just as you de-accelerate a safe distance from the Prime Target The Dread Ace Pilot strafes your ship on his way to save the prime Objective! Only a small few bolts slam into your Mk.II Talon, but one of your ventrical thrusting manifolds is sputtering out unburnt fuel.

You are four tiles away from the Primary objective, but you can commit to taking a shot towards the Secondary Objective.

Spoiler: HATTA-6 (click to show/hide)

KASHYYK

Move close to the [Prime Target], at the limit of the Gravity field. Strafe sideways, up and down to reduce chance of hits, open fire on target with both Moras'

Committing to an acrobatic manuver, your shots go wild, as the Gravity plate appears ot have grabed ahold of you, and while it is attempting to rip you to shreds, Your moving to fast for the technicians to get a lock. The Shield covering the Plate is visibly shuddering now.

A pair of Rock-breaker Mining Torpedos was launched by the ACE Pilot, but they barely scrape across your sensor dome, and instead slam into the shield. Scanners light up as the Entropic Batteries inside the ship explode, and begin exposing the internal area with a deadly maelstrom of chaotic energy.

ENEMY ACE PILOT GABE DOROS

STOP THOSE RAT BASTARDS FROM DESTROYING THE SHIP! SHOOT AT THE CLOSEST TALON TO THE SHIP WITH MY ROCK-BREAKERS WHILE STRAFING ANYONE WHO COMES BY.

Several casualties are committed as the Ace Pilot blows holes threw several nearby frames, until his JumpJets, starved for fuel, cease function neatly near his objective. Deftly maneuvering from hitting a derelict Free-Furler, the T-Ship lets off two Rock-Breakers, but a last minute gravitational anomaly along with some magnetic manipulation by an [ALLIED] Ripper causes the two missiles to sail directly into the ship!

!!WARNING: WARP DRIVE SIGNATURES DETECTED, ENEMY PRIMARY IS BEGINNING MEASURES TO ESCAPE!!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 12:36:24 am »

---cover failed, entering Armageddon mode---

Speed foward at max speed

meantime analyze things in this order

1. range of power ball, of doom

2.where their warp machine is [broadcast to allies when done]

3. turns left for warp [broadcast too]

4. range of power ball

If before this happens we enter in firing range of [prime_goal] or [target_Gabe]

SHOOT EVERYTHING AND ANALYZE THE RESISTANCE OF IT'S HULL
(specially if Gabe is between us and the enemy ship, as he will have the dilemma of taking the hit or letting the battleship take the damage, or if he is giving steam sales)
Novice english wordsmith

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 04:20:39 am »

Perform additional diagnostics of character sheet.

Strafe random subsections of [Prime Target] whilst maintaining evasive manoeuvres to avoid death via [Secondary Target]

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 09:02:12 am »

Fire both sidewinders at SECONDARY-TARGET 001, then manoeuvre to engage it with the Pounders. It must be distracted from its defence of the PRIME-TARGET!

Spoiler: HATTA-6 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3