Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Benign Megabeasts?  (Read 917 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Benign Megabeasts?
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:38 pm »

So recently I've started playing adventure mode again on the latest version 44.05, but I've now noticed that while there is still the aforementioned oddity regarding aggression and escalation, this applies to megabeasts too. Often a megabeast can start off completely peaceful when in plain view and you have to initiate the combat yourself. I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. Seems fairly odd that your average dingo will be more aggressive than a hydra, and also detracts from the storytelling aspect where it's "I walked up to the hydra chilling in his lair and stabbed him in the face".

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Benign Megabeasts?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »

I was wondering about this too. Luckily it's already been reported and fixed for the next release.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:46 pm »

If you walk around near them long enough they eventually remember to turn hostile. Consider it an opportunity to practice sneaking.

AztecCroc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:02:51 am »

So recently I've started playing adventure mode again on the latest version 44.05, but I've now noticed that while there is still the aforementioned oddity regarding aggression and escalation, this applies to megabeasts too. Often a megabeast can start off completely peaceful when in plain view and you have to initiate the combat yourself. I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. Seems fairly odd that your average dingo will be more aggressive than a hydra, and also detracts from the storytelling aspect where it's "I walked up to the hydra chilling in his lair and stabbed him in the face".
Stabbed him in a face.