Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starting from the bottom, a civilization building game  (Read 5089 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting from the bottom, a civilization building game
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 06:08:25 pm »

Now that we have basic food storage, it's safer for some of our people to spend more time crafting. Excess tools and jewelry will make good trade goods.

Edit: Only after we have enough houses.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:16:52 pm by Nirur Torir »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 06:25:10 pm »

Investigate the local plants to see if any of them make good:
-dyes
-fibres (for making cloth)
-medicine

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 08:00:27 pm »

Now that we have basic food storage, it's safer for some of our people to spend more time crafting. Excess tools and jewelry will make good trade goods.
Trading with whom, since we don't know any other people living nearby? I say we should explore the surrounding area a bit.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »

You are not the only people that you know of, in addition to your former tribe mates you also know of the “wolf people” who live in the forest and are said to bring wolves into their camps. It is these people as well as far wandering traders who barter for the jewelry you produce.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 10:22:10 pm »

-dyes
-medicine

+1

Also, Nirur Torir, good point.
Use the amber that sometimes washes up from the sea to make jewelry, as well as certain stones found on the ground. Teach people to gather such items.

Further, use our knowledge of making stone tools to create pickaxes, for use in gathering interesting materials from underground, as well as providing a cool place to store food in!

Also be sure that we can make fire since that's pretty important.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 03:26:08 am »

-dyes
-medicine

+1

Use the amber that sometimes washes up from the sea to make jewelry, as well as certain stones found on the ground. Teach people to gather such items.

Further, use our knowledge of making stone tools to create pickaxes, for use in gathering interesting materials from underground, as well as providing a cool place to store food in!

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 03:16:30 pm »

We are 200 early stone-age people living on a beach. I don't think creating stone pickaxes will be useful, and would likely kill people if it works.

I also think a modern approach to investigating plants for non-food usefulness would be a particularly difficult task. I propose that we instead encourage a few people to become shamans, to figure out how the world works.

Before we do that, we should probably focus more on houses. That's going to be my vote for this turn, ensuring that we have enough houses to keep everyone safe during harsh weather, to ensure growth.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:07 am »

-dyes
-medicine

+1

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 2 [3]