Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

adventurers should be able to catch vermin fish.

<< < (5/5)

Bumber:

--- Quote from: GoblinCookie on January 31, 2018, 07:10:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Bumber on January 30, 2018, 08:05:22 pm ---They do if a blow sends them flying.

--- End quote ---
You can 'send a tree flying', if you hit it hard enough.

--- End quote ---
Any such feature would have to wait until multi-tile creatures (or at least moving fort sections,) several years away. We have climbing right now.

It's also not common behavior for a tree. They tend to bend rather than uproot and take off.

GoblinCookie:

--- Quote from: Bumber on February 01, 2018, 02:05:36 am ---It's also not common behavior for a tree. They tend to bend rather than uproot and take off.

--- End quote ---

I thought we were adding in trees and multi-tile creatures at the same time?

Bumber:

--- Quote from: GoblinCookie on February 01, 2018, 11:56:31 am ---
--- Quote from: Bumber on February 01, 2018, 02:05:36 am ---It's also not common behavior for a tree. They tend to bend rather than uproot and take off.

--- End quote ---
I thought we were adding in trees and multi-tile creatures at the same time?

--- End quote ---
Toady had reasons to prioritize having trees first.

Even if we waited to use the same system, the behavior of a tree is significantly different from most creatures. They have roots into the ground tiles, and can survive bisection. Dwarves should not keep pummeling a stump after they've cut it down. Dwarves who "attack" trees shouldn't think they've been in combat, and all that entails. You lose all sorts of optimizations by treating trees as a creature.

I could go on, but this derail has gone on long enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version